(Archived) Copy notes to notebooks automatically based on tags

Goose2003

Idea

So I have a default notebook called _Scratch Pad, which is where I put stuff automatically if i don't have a place to put it, or if i don't have time and just want to jot something down. 

It'd be nice that when i tag a note, it can copy it to a notebook or notebooks based on that tag. 

maybe this is something it just can't do, or maybe it's really easy and I just missed it. 

2 replies to this idea

It'd be nice that when i tag a note, it can copy it to a notebook or notebooks based on that tag.

IMO, it's best to have only one copy of the note (and use multiple tags rather than multiple notebooks) b/c if you ever make a change to that note, the other (duplicated) notes will need to be changed too or else will now be obsolete.   Having multiple copies of the same note is not only redundant but also an organizational debacle for that reason.

Maybe copying each note automatically from business account notebook and a personal notebook when it's related to an article or research that benefits both your small business and personal development. If I cease to work with this company, I loose this valuable research if the notes I clip aren't quickly and easily exportable.

Is this possible on the Mac platform?

Archived