[Feature Request] Rich Edit feature

Green Tea

I've been with EN as a premium users for 2 years.  EN is awesome.  Was using Google Docs to keep most of my work related technical notes.  Compared to GD, EN is better on offline editing and organization.

The only running after GD is rich edit feature.  I totally understand EN was developed as a lightweight note taking app rather than a word-like application.  But I believe with more and more users are utilizing EN into work, especially EN business tends to interest business users, rich editing or formatting becomes more important.

I am not expecting a word-like app, but I am really looking forward these features

1.  Adjust line height.  Default single line height makes text crowded

2.  Align using TAB which has been implemented in browser-based Google Drive.  

3.  Adding background color to highlight text which has been implemented by EN on iOS

4.  Choose default font.  The default font in EN/Win is for displaying in windows client only.  I prefer to use verdana as default font but that requires me to manually set font for every single note.

Still EN is a great product and from my perspective I would use it more and more.  If EN could enhance rich edit features, I really think it would be a killer to Office 360 and iWorks or even Google Drive given that most people use word processing at most of the time.

I've been with EN as a premium users for 2 years.  EN is awesome.  Was using Google Docs to keep most of my work related technical notes.  Compared to GD, EN is better on offline editing and organization.

The only running after GD is rich edit feature.  I totally understand EN was developed as a lightweight note taking app rather than a word-like application.  But I believe with more and more users are utilizing EN into work, especially EN business tends to interest business users, rich editing or formatting becomes more important.

I am not expecting a word-like app, but I am really looking forward these features

3.  Adding background color to highlight text which has been implemented by EN on iOS

4.  Choose default font.  The default font in EN/Win is for displaying in windows client only.  I prefer to use verdana as default font but that requires me to manually set font for every single note.

Still EN is a great product and from my perspective I would use it more and more.  If EN could enhance rich edit features, I really think it would be a killer to Office 360 and iWorks or even Google Drive given that most people use word processing at most of the time.

Re: Default Font. I found this useful. Windows Desktop client

Under Tools > Options > Note tab > Note Editor font > {Choose font} and {size} and click OK. Does this set your default font?

:)

Please try and let me know.

Re: Default Font. I found this useful. Windows Desktop client

Under Tools > Options > Note tab > Note Editor font > {Choose font} and {size} and click OK. Does this set your default font?

:)

Please try and let me know.

Setting font in Windows client only effective within Windows client.  It does not change the font of note itself.  In other platforms, note is always rendered using default font on that platform.

Archived