Evernote as a Photographer's Journal?

My photography hobby is taking up a lot more of my time lately. When I look at the pictures from my camera, it occurred to me that I couldn't remember some of the details of what I was shooting. The camera catches the settings I used, but if I shot something historical and there was some information about it, I wasn't capturing it.

Since I always have my smart phone with me, I was thinking of using Evernote to take notes of what I am shooting.

Does anyone use Evernote as a photographer journal? If so, any tips?

Certainly, you could reshoot the scene with the phones camera and if you get historical information from a plaque or even a brochure, you could also shoot those. In Android, I have a widget that lets be create notes with the camera and I can take a variety of photos with it. They all go into one note until I tap the check mark ending that note. Evernote would also capture the GPS location. 

My photography hobby is taking up a lot more of my time lately. When I look at the pictures from my camera, it occurred to me that I couldn't remember some of the details of what I was shooting. The camera catches the settings I used, but if I shot something historical and there was some information about it, I wasn't capturing it.

Since I always have my smart phone with me, I was thinking of using Evernote to take notes of what I am shooting.

Does anyone use Evernote as a photographer journal? If so, any tips?

This is a use case for lifelogging.  I don't have an answer to your question.  But there are many situations I've been in when I wish I could replay what was happening at the time I either took the picture or took the note.  At the same time, I don't want to be bogged down with documenting everything & not being able to enjoy the moment.  Some devices I've tried are a Livescribe pen, a pocket audio recorder & a pocket camcorder.  Some of these work better than others & it depends upon the situation.  What you might try is using the audio (or video) recording function of your phone.  Start it up & it can record what you're hearing at the time you're taking your photographs.  If this seems to work well for you, you may want to get a dedicated pocket cam (they're pretty inexpensive now) or audio recorder (even less expensive) b/c they are able to hold more recordings, since they are dedicated & since most use memory cards that you can swap out when one gets full, like if you're on a vacation.  You can then include the audio file in a note in Evernote (if it doesn't exceed the note size).  Or you could edit the audio file to have only the important info or just simply transcribe into EN what the audio captured.

Archived