Evernote and Thunderbird

cdissler

So, I've started using the "EnForward 0.1b6" add-on for thunderbird 17.0.7 and it seems to work well when I have multiple emails to send. However, gmail seem to be blocking the stmp connection when I forward about 10 this way. Does anyone use this and have a similar problem? Any work around?

Here is the message

"Sending of message failed.

The message could not be sent because the connection to SMTP server smtp.googlemail.com timed out. Try again or contact your network administrator."
  • Level 5

Evernote does not support Thunderbird. They dropped Thunderbird a couple years ago due to the low usage rate versus heavy development resources--resources that could be better focused (and invested) towards other features. Their last supported version was Thunderbird 3.1.6.

Low usage? Others feel the same way. Even Mozilla decided that: “continued innovation on Thunderbird is not the best use of our resources given our ambitious organizational goals.” And it’s pulling people off the project.

http://techcrunch.com/2012/07/06/so-thats-it-for-thunderbird/

Thanks for the info, I knew that though. This is an add-on for Thunderbird that integrates with Evernote called "EnForward". I didn't know if anyone else used it and saw the same problem that I did.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived