(Archived) Data Loss

Ron Lisle

Idea

I've been using Evernote for years to keep a journal of my activities. I love being able to open up my iPhone and immediately recall notes made at my desk.

This week however, when I opened Evernote, the entries made to my journal from last week were gone. Is there some sort of "sync" situation that can cause entries made on one device to be erased by another device?

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I've been using Evernote for years to keep a journal of my activities. I love being able to open up my iPhone and immediately recall notes made at my desk.

This week however, when I opened Evernote, the entries made to my journal from last week were gone. Is there some sort of "sync" situation that can cause entries made on one device to be erased by another device?

Hi. Welcome to the forums. Unless you dump the notes in your trash (check your trash) this should never happen. If you cannot find them, I would definitely recommend contacting support (see the link in my signature) in order to figure out what went wrong. I bet they will turn up somewhere :)

When you say "entries", are you talking about individual notes? Or additions to a prior existing note?  If the entries were made on your desktop & you have a backup (IE Time Machine), you may be able to recover the notes from the backup.

If the latter, you may be able to pull the note from the note history, which is taken once every (about) eight hours.  This is a premium feature.  So if you're not premium, it may cost you $5 for a month of premium.

Also, if the latter, yes, changes made on one computer/device can overwrite changes made on another computer/device if the notes are note sync'd properly (see link below.)  Even if the change is something as simple as adding a carriage return or space...that constitutes a changed note.

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/20092-not-very-happy-right-now/?p=101095

Archived