Home screen shortcuts not working after first load

I'm finding that if I load up a saved search and then add a shortcut for it on the home screen (by pressing the "3 dots" menu button when the note list is showing) then that home screen shortcut works the first time that EN loads, but not the next time. I have three saved searches that are very important to me and I tried making a shortcut for each one of them, but I they only work once. After that, the EN app keeps showing the first list, even if I use another shortcut. If I kill the app then it works, but it's not very efficient to kill the app each time.

Dealing with saved searches on the android app is a bit of a pain. You can't make "swipe left" shortcuts (in the app, not the home screen) and there are no saved search navigation options on the main screen. Anyone have the same issues?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

The problem is still unsolved...

Although I find the new handwriting tool very cool, I would rather have working shortcuts before that - in my opinion, it is a basic and vital feature that should be working flawlessly by now.

Please, Evernote team: any plans on fixing that?

• 4 weeks later...

Same here.  What's the point of having shortcuts if they don't actually take you to the shortcut?

Please fix this!

Although I find the new handwriting tool very cool, I would rather have working shortcuts before that - in my opinion, it is a basic and vital feature that should be working flawlessly by now.

I thought the whole point of the CEO's letter at the beginning of this year was to assure users that Evernote would finaly start focusing on CORE FUNCTIONALITY, rather than putting out tons of features?

It was a great promise, but honestly I haven't seen follow through (although I grant perhaps there are a lot of behind-the-scenes improvements).

PLEASE fix this!  Thank you!

Same here.  What's the point of having shortcuts if they don't actually take you to the shortcut?

Please fix this!

Please fix this!

• 1 month later...

Still not getting a 2nd search to work, Evernote 5.8.1 on Android 4.4.2 on Moto X, although I'm pretty sure the Android version and phone have absolutely nothing to do with it.

At least the "backing out" workaround seems to take care of it for me fairly consistently.

Setting aside this issue, it is interesting how the notion of a "shortcut" seems not to have at all sunk in with those designing the Android UI.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have Evernote v7.0.2 for Android and it seems that shortcuts added to the home screen work correctly so long as they don't have any exclusions in them.

If a search contains an exclusion (e.g. "coffee -tag:milk" or "tea -notebook:sugar") then the search works, but a shortcut created from this search will not work.  The shortcut will produce zero search results.  Unfortunately this makes 90% of my search shortcuts absolutely useless, which severely limits the usefulness of Evernote for me.

It's been 21 months since the OP raised this bug.  This seems like a very very long time for a bug fix of this importance.

• 1 month later...

Archived