(Archived) Cannot search word within

I've just installed Evernote on my Windows 7 PC and my Android phone. I realized that I cannot search the word from the middle. I must type the beginning of the word or the whole word.

For example, 123456789,  I cannot search start from 456,  I must search 123*.  

Any advise?

I've just installed Evernote on my Windows 7 PC and my Android phone. I realized that I cannot search the word from the middle. I must type the beginning of the word or the whole word.

For example, 123456789,  I cannot search start from 456,  I must search 123*.  

Any advise?

If you need to find words within words, EN will not do that, as you have discovered.  Consecutive numbers, letters & the underscore are considered words.  Everything else is a delimiter.  If you're going to be adding Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious but think you may not remember it starts with 'super' but you remember 'cali' & 'expi', then you could add key words to the note of cali & expi.  Then when you search on cali, the note will come up.  If you're really hard up for something like this, you could add the following keywords:

upercalifragilisticexpialidocious

percalifragilisticexpialidocious

ercalifragilisticexpialidocious

rcalifragilisticexpialidocious

califragilisticexpialidocious

etc, etc, etc. 

IMO & IME, I find the lack of searching for arbitrary occurrences not a limiting factor.  But I'm also very good about using descriptive titles & keywords, including misspellings.  IE, if a note is about Joe Shafer, I will had Shaffer as a keyword.  This way, I don't have to remember if his name has one or two Fs - I will always find the note on the first search.

Thank you for your advice. Can I clarify with you about the keywords? You mean I have to put in those 'keywords' in my note? If yes, it doesn't make sense to do so.

I have so many notes, it is impossible to add it in such a way. 

I'm using a few types of note application, all of them can search the word within. (Even my old old Palm note)

I guess this is not difficult to add this feature in Evernote, I'm quite disappointed with Evernote. 

This is important for the searching.

I'll mostly convert back my note to my old note apps if confirm evernote cannot do anything on this. I'll comment this is a lousy product!!

Thank you for your advice. Can I clarify with you about the keywords? You mean I have to put in those 'keywords' in my note? If yes, it doesn't make sense to do so.

I have so many notes, it is impossible to add it in such a way. 

I'm using a few types of note application, all of them can search the word within. (Even my old old Palm note)

I guess this is not difficult to add this feature in Evernote, I'm quite disappointed with Evernote. 

This is important for the searching.

I'll mostly convert back my note to my old note apps if confirm evernote cannot do anything on this. I'll comment this is a lousy product!!

Like I said...

If you need to find words within words, EN will not do that, as you have discovered.  Consecutive numbers, letters & the underscore are considered words.  Everything else is a delimiter.

This lack of finding arbitrary occurrences of words/phrases may mean it's not a product that meets your needs.  But that hardly makes it a "lousy" product. 

Archived