(Archived) As of OS X Maverick seed 3, Skitch does not work

Helios One

Very simply put: Nothing works. Nothing at all. I cannot open a window. I can't even quit the application normally (Force Quit is the only way). Just thought I'd let you know.

Disclaimer: As OS X Maverick is still in beta, I am bound to a contract that prevents me from disclosing any further information (screenshots, diagnostic reports and the like). Sorry about that.

@Helios One

Thanks for the heads up. We're aware there are issues with Skitch and the Mavericks's betas. We are tracking the issues and watching how Mavericks settles down with the next seeds before we address any specific issues. Since Mavericks is still in a state of flux, we are actively watching before taking any action. 

• 4 weeks later...

@andrewlwood - We are continuing to monitor the development of Mavericks and identify bugs as they come up. Since Mavericks is still under development, without a specific release date it is difficult for us to plan against a changing target. We've logged some issues with Apple about Mavericks which are impacting Skitch. These issues may get resolved  by Apple, or else we'll have to build around them. 

Until Apple tells developers that we're close to a final release (and sets a ship date) we are continuing to monitor and work with Mavericks as it develops.

Same issue here, can't use Skitch in Mavericks seed 5. Would be appreciated if you could put out just a temporary release so we may be able to use it. Some developers like me are students as well and need to be able to use it. (I don't develop with the Evernote API at all, I work mostly in Cocos 2D for mac) So please post some sort of temporary fix to help us out. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

@syd - Not at this time. We're still tracking bugs and watching where the Mavericks betas are going. Are you able to run Skitch at all or do certain features not work? We've had reports of Skitch working for some with the newest seed.

@syd - Not at this time. We're still tracking bugs and watching where the Mavericks betas are going. Are you able to run Skitch at all or do certain features not work? We've had reports of Skitch working for some with the newest seed.

Joe - login to the appleseed discussions for Mavericks and check in the 3rd party apps group. There are postings re Skitch and the issues there

Probably a more appropriate location to discuss Mavericks issues than here.

Archived