Context Booster - Your Knowledge Assistant for Evernote!

Context Booster Your Knowledge Assistant for Evernote

Dear Evernote community,

we take part in the Devcup competition and developed http://contextbooster.com (it's in alpha right now)

Context Booster is your knowledge assistant for Evernote and allows you to boost your notes with content from all across the web. Just take a look at the video below!

With Context Booster you will see your notes in a larger context. Whatever you want to remember, it will be enriched by more information from across the web. And it is extremely easy to use:

1. After you have signed on to Context Booster on our website, tag any of your notes with "contextboost".
  2. As soon as the note is saved again, it will be “boosted”: Context Booster will analyze the text and pictures in your note and extract the most important topics.
  3. For each of these topics we will research a number of publicly available databases and automatically add new notes with explanations, recommendations, pictures, videos - useful and entertaining tidbits to a special notebook.

Context Booster recognizes people’s names, companies, products, institutions, locations, cities and countries, books, movies, brands as well as important terms like “nuclear proliferation” or “same-***** marriage”.

Special Features:

1. Twitter Integration:
Just tell us your Twitter Account, when you sign on to Context Booster and tweets containing links to articles you fave will be saved as a note to a special notebook. Context Booster will automatically grab that article and “boost” it, analyzing its content and adding additional notes and links.

2. Image recognition for media covers:

Take a picture of a book or DVD cover and Context Booster will recognize it and boost it with additional information.

Feedback wanted:

We would love to get your feedback about it! If you wanna try it, just sign up and you will get an invite soon. Just remember, it's still in alpha and improving every day!
If you like the idea of Context Booster, you could do one great thing:

Vote for us in the Devcup competition (click here!)

Thanks a lot - really looking forward to hear what you think about it!

\o/ Sebastian

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,  What is the hold up?  I've seen nothing posted for a long time.  The awards have been given and people want to experience this new enhancement.  Would appreciate more information about launch timelines.  Thx  T

Hi,  What is the hold up?  I've seen nothing posted for a long time.  The awards have been given and people want to experience this new enhancement.  Would appreciate more information about launch timelines.  Thx  T

Have you requested an invitation at the link given in the original post? Note that this is not an Evernote product but a third party service. 

Best of luck. 

• 1 year later...
  • Level 5

I don't understand why you have come up with this. Why should anyone use a 3rd party app, when Evernote now this feature integrated?

Are you taking Evernote head-on in a competition?

Well, not quite. Evernote's Context feature just provides links from journals that pay Evernote for this service (or not?). Context Booster provides much more context from many more sources. Anyway, I don't use either because I am able to use more than one program/window at a time ;) and who can beat google when I need to get more information about a certain topic. Since Evernote Context is online I did not get a single useful context from this except my own related notes.

I don't understand your reasoning. You say you don't use Context Booster either because you prefer to use Google? That is odd. Are you in any way linked with with CB?

If you are, please explain.

If you are not, I will respectfully discard your answer to my question in post #8 above because I am not interested in users' views at this stage.

I don't understand why you have come up with this. Why should anyone use a 3rd party app, when Evernote now this feature integrated?

Well, not quite. Evernote's Context feature just provides links from journals that pay Evernote for this service (or not?). Context Booster provides much more context from many more sources. Anyway, I don't use either because I am able to use more than one program/window at a time ;) and who can beat google when I need to get more information about a certain topic. Since Evernote Context is online I did not get a single useful context from this except my own related notes.

• Level 5

I don't understand your reasoning. You say you don't use Context Booster either because you prefer to use Google? That is odd. Are you in any way linked with with CB?

If you are, please explain.

Well, I responded to your post because you obviously think that to use Context Booster makes no sense because there is Evernote Context. In my view this is not right as I tried to explain. But no, I am not in any way linked to Context Booster and as I said I am not using it.

If you are not, I will respectfully discard your answer to my question in post #8 above because I am not interested in users' views at this stage.

Whatever. I am not really interested in yours either.

I can accept that. But my original post was addressed to the original poster, just read my message again.

In any case, I did not solicit an answer from someone who knows little about the app, or who is semi-literate & is unable to formulate a proper answer.

Whatever. I am not really interested in yours either.

Sebastian, I don't understand why you have come up with this. Why should anyone use a 3rd party app, when Evernote now this feature integrated?

Context Booster Your Knowledge Assistant for Evernote

Dear Evernote community,

we take part in the Devcup competition and developed http://contextbooster.com (it's in alpha right now)

Context Booster is your knowledge assistant for Evernote and allows you to boost your notes with content from all across the web. Just take a look at the video below!

With Context Booster you will see your notes in a larger context. Whatever you want to remember, it will be enriched by more information from across the web. And it is extremely easy to use:

1. After you have signed on to Context Booster on our website, tag any of your notes with "contextboost".
  2. As soon as the note is saved again, it will be “boosted”: Context Booster will analyze the text and pictures in your note and extract the most important topics.
  3. For each of these topics we will research a number of publicly available databases and automatically add new notes with explanations, recommendations, pictures, videos - useful and entertaining tidbits to a special notebook.

Context Booster recognizes people’s names, companies, products, institutions, locations, cities and countries, books, movies, brands as well as important terms like “nuclear proliferation” or “same-***** marriage”.

Special Features:

1. Twitter Integration:
Just tell us your Twitter Account, when you sign on to Context Booster and tweets containing links to articles you fave will be saved as a note to a special notebook. Context Booster will automatically grab that article and “boost” it, analyzing its content and adding additional notes and links.

2. Image recognition for media covers:

Take a picture of a book or DVD cover and Context Booster will recognize it and boost it with additional information.

Feedback wanted:

We would love to get your feedback about it! If you wanna try it, just sign up and you will get an invite soon. Just remember, it's still in alpha and improving every day!
If you like the idea of Context Booster, you could do one great thing:

Vote for us in the Devcup competition (click here!)

Thanks a lot - really looking forward to hear what you think about it!

\o/ Sebastian

• Level 5

I can accept that. But my original post was addressed to the original poster, just read my message again.

In any case, I did not solicit an answer from someone who knows little about the app, or who is semi-literate & is unable to formulate a proper answer.

OK, sorry. I thought your post was a reaction to the recent post #7 of Chris Patten-Walker. I hope you realize that the rest of this thread is more than a year old? This was long before Evernote came up with the Context idea. Context Booster has been in the final of the Evernote Dev Cup 2013 an event hosted by Evernote. It might be a competition now but not at that time. Evernote actually encourages developers to come up with good ideas using the Evernote infrastructure and does not consider this as a competition. So keeping this in mind, why don't you ask Evernote whether they have stolen this idea from Context Booster?

Obviously we misunderstood each other Stuhrer. I was stupid enough not to notice how old the original thread was. My apologies.

I will not take it up with EN, as I am not sure their context feature will be what they make it out to be. Furthermore, I will not be using it. You are probably right that they got the idea from CB.

Thanks for the lively exchange :-)

OK, sorry. I thought your post was a reaction to the recent post #7 of Chris Patten-Walker. I hope you realize that the rest of this thread is more than a year old? This was long before Evernote came up with the Context idea. Context Booster has been in the final of the Evernote Dev Cup 2013 an event hosted by Evernote. It might be a competition now but not at that time. Evernote actually encourages developers to come up with good ideas using the Evernote infrastructure and does not consider this as a competition. So keeping this in mind, why don't you ask Evernote whether they have stolen this idea from Context Booster?

Hi guys

Good to see the board is active. Context Booster was around well before Evernote just introduced this context functionality. CB covers much more sources. On the demo they use Wallstreet Journal however you need to subscribe. I just can't seem to get CB to work. This is what I wanted confirmation on. Looks like Evernote may capture all of their customers if they don't get the service working properly.

Regards

Chris

• Level 5

Obviously we misunderstood each other Stuhrer. I was stupid enough not to notice how old the original thread was. My apologies.

I will not take it up with EN, as I am not sure their context feature will be what they make it out to be. Furthermore, I will not be using it. You are probably right that they got the idea from CB.

Apology accepted. You should be more careful next time before you call somebody semi-literate & unable to formulate a proper answer.

Best regards and have a good day.

• Level 5

Hi guys

Good to see the board is active. Context Booster was around well before Evernote just introduced this context functionality. CB covers much more sources. On the demo they use Wallstreet Journal however you need to subscribe. I just can't seem to get CB to work. This is what I wanted confirmation on. Looks like Evernote may capture all of their customers if they don't get the service working properly.

Regards

Chris

I have not tried it for a long time and I just tried it on one of my notes again and it still seems to work. This is what you have to do:

- Go to ContextBooster.com and link you Evernote account to the service in order to grant Context Booster access to your notes.

- Add the tag 'contextboost' to a note you would like to have filled with additional context

- Wait...

Context Booster will add an icon to your note (top right) and at the bottom links to related information to the one in your note.

I will, though it helps too if you read properly who the question is addressed to so as to avoid giving an answer that does not make sense to the person who is asking.

Bottom line: we both have to be more alert.

Apology accepted. You should be more careful next time before you call somebody semi-literate & unable to formulate a proper answer.

Best regards and have a good day.

I will, though it helps too if you read properly who the question is addressed to so as to avoid giving an answer that does not make sense to the person who is asking.

This is a PUBLIC message board. You asked a question & Stuhrer provided a valid reply. I see nothing wrong with Stuhrer's reply to you. If you want to discourse with only a specific individual and not be open to others, then you should PM the person.

BNF, I am perfectly aware that this is a public message board. You believe Stuhrer provided a valid reply, but I don't. I believe I am as capable as you to know if someone answers my question correctly, I don't need you for that.

My question was directed very clearly at the developer of the app & Stuhrer provided a reaction that did not answer the question as he/she had not read the question properly. I reacted somewhat rough, I admit, for which I apologised. He/she accepted the apology, but with a rebuke on this public message board, which is not what the board is meant for, as you point out.

The rebuke was misplaced, so I gently pointed that out, also for the public record.

Now you feel you need to weigh in, acting as a referee & with another public rebuke. Sorry, but I don't accept that. If you believe you have something to teach me, you can PM me & we can discuss it, just follow you own rules.

By the way, aren't the days of the old style moderator over?

This is a PUBLIC message board. You asked a question & Stuhrer provided a valid reply. I see nothing wrong with Stuhrer's reply to you. If you want to discourse with only a specific individual and not be open to others, then you should PM the person.

BNF, I am perfectly aware that this is a public message board. You believe Stuhrer provided a valid reply, but I don't. I believe I am as capable as you to know if someone answers my question correctly, I don't need you for that.

My question was directed very clearly at the developer of the app & Stuhrer provided a reaction that did not answer the question as he/she had not read the question properly. I reacted somewhat rough, I admit, for which I apologised. He/she accepted the apology, but with a rebuke on this public message board, which is not what the board is meant for, as you point out.

The rebuke was misplaced, so I gently pointed that out, also for the public record.

Now you feel you need to weigh in, acting as a referee & with another public rebuke. Sorry, but I don't accept that. If you believe you have something to teach me, you can PM me & we can discuss it, just follow you own rules.

By the way, aren't the days of the old style moderator over?

Actually, dude, since you did not quote the comment(s) you were replying to, NO, it was not clear who you were addressing.  But that's irrelevant.  Once again, this is a public message board & every member is free to participate, so long as the forum code of conduct is followed.  And I would say your comment to Stuhrer ("I did not solicit an answer from someone who knows little about the app, or who is semi-literate & is unable to formulate a proper answer.") would qualify as going against the forum code of conduct. 

And, BTW, this has absolutely nothing to do with whether one is a moderator or not. 

BTW, feel free to block any members whose posts you do not want to see.  I find it a very helpful tool.

• 8 months later...

Archived