(Archived) Android App to open attached emails?

silvercue

Hi,

I have tried to search but the results seems to be about loads of different things.

I have Evernote and use on my Google Nexus and windows 7 desktop and Laptop.

I have used for a while and although I keep it simple have  always worked everything out without the need to ask for help.

Anyway I am making a bigger note to cover a load of things in a subject and it has text, tables, pictures, map coordinates, hyperlinks and will have a lot more.  

My problem is that it has two email (.msg) attachments (I know this is no email client) and I can open them no problem on Windows, but Android says I have to search the  store for an application that can load them, but I have a number of email clients including the excellent AquaMail pro and they won't open directly from the note at all.

Am I being daft?  Should they?

I am note sure if this is an Evernote question or an Android question, so apologies if I am in the wrong place.

• Level 5*

I suggest that you perform a web search on "android app .msg"; hopefully you'll find an app that does what you want. Note that the mechanism is very similar to Windows -- you need a format handler available for any format that you want to use like this. You seem to already have one for .msg files on your Windows box.

Thanks for the response.  I would have expected one of my email clients to open the .MSG files, but apparently not.  I have done a web search, as suggested and found surprisingly little.  I have managed to find applications that open MSG files and tried one, but that failed to open them from Evernote (I get the same message - go to store and get an app!).  So I have uninstalled that.

I can see another file reader, but that cost money that I don't want to spend if it isn't going to work.

I would have thought lots of people use Evernote from Android and would have come across this a lot?

• Level 5*

Thanks for the response.  I would have expected one of my email clients to open the .MSG files, but apparently not.  I have done a web search, as suggested and found surprisingly little.  I have managed to find applications that open MSG files and tried one, but that failed to open them from Evernote (I get the same message - go to store and get an app!).  So I have uninstalled that.

I can see another file reader, but that cost money that I don't want to spend if it isn't going to work.

I would have thought lots of people use Evernote from Android and would have come across this a lot?

A lot of people out there asking for such a thing, according to Google. One app appears to do it (Documento?) -- never tried it, as I don't use Outlook any more.

and copy their content into Evernote, then sync.

Thanks jefito - that's the app I found that you have to pay for.  I don;t want to appear mean (though I am sure I will), but I only have 2 email attachments to a single note, so don;t really want to buy an app just for that.  I will just not open them on my Nexus.

Thanks for the help though.

• Level 5*

Hmmm, looks like my comment didn't get "fully realized". What I meant to say was that it might suffice to open the msg attachments up on your Windows machine, paste them into Evernote, and let everything sync up. Doesn't sound like it's worth paying fro an app for only two attachments, I agree. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived