Canon P215 scanner Evernote Plugin

I use the portable Canon scanner P215 with the CaptureOnTouch software that comes with a Evernote Plugin so you can scan directly to Evernote.

After installing te Capture software and the Evernote Plugin, I can't select anything in the Capture software to scan directly to Evernote.

In the settings of CaptureOnTouch, I find out that the Plugin is installed, but where does it fit in the scansoftware??

If I look in to the manual of the Canon scanner, there has to be a extra outputsetting to Evernote, there isn't one!

Ofcourse there are a few work arounds, like scanning into a folder that is set as auto import folder in Evernote..

Or scan to a selectable EXE in CaptureOnTouch, and select the Evernote.EXE...

But thats not the meaning of installing a plugin.

Does anybody have information for me what is wrong and solve this Issue?

Edwin.

System: Windows 7

Hi Edwin,

i had the same issue at first, but reinstalled the CaptureOnTouch from scratch and the Evernote plugin was available. One frustration remains, however. When set for the evernote plugin, the Canon software doesn't allow deletion of scanned pages. So I "scan first", delete any unnecessary pages, then send to Evernote.

Mike

Hi Edwin,

i had the same issue at first, but reinstalled the CaptureOnTouch from scratch and the Evernote plugin was available. One frustration remains, however. When set for the evernote plugin, the Canon software doesn't allow deletion of scanned pages. So I "scan first", delete any unnecessary pages, then send to Evernote.

Mike

IMO, IME this is a better option for not only the reason mentioned by Mike_Z but b/c any other alterations you make to the scanned doc (IE rotate pages) means you're not uploading the doc multiple times, thereby chewing up your upload allowance.  Once the doc is scanned, I review it, make any changes, then copy it to an import folder & it only goes once against my upload allownace.

Thanks for the info Mike and BnF,

So... the Evernote plugin is not so handy as I thought.

Then I will use my workflow via the import directory of Evernote.

The possibility to change a PDF before I import it, remains.

And indeed, I have to be aware of the upload quota in Evernote ;-)

Edwin.

• 1 month later...

My imports via the Evernote Plugin for the Canon P-215 worked fine for months. But recently it broke and I'm stumped. I've tried to uninstall/reinstall (via Revo Uninstall) multiple times with not luck. "Save to Evernote" is no longer an option in "Output Method Selection". I'm using Windows 8.

Archived