(Archived) auto-sync disabled on my device

AASL

Hi. I am using evernote (v5.1.3.1) on my moto atrix running android 2.3.4 (I know it is outdated, but poor moto refuse to upgrade this model...). Recently I noticed that my notes cannot get synced, and I checked the settings, finding that under "general settings", "Sync Notes" option is disabled and showing "cannot modify when device master syncing is disabled". But I do not remember there is any place to enable "device master syncing". Please advise on how to enable auto-sync of my notes. Thank you!

• Level 5*

Hi. Welcome to the forums. Gingerbread? Ouch. I'd upgrade your phone, but if that is not an option, you might want to contact support (see link in my signature). Hopefully, someone on the forums has advice, but as the OS is old, you might hear back from Evernote before someone shows up here to comment.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi. I am using evernote (v5.1.3.1) on my moto atrix running android 2.3.4 (I know it is outdated, but poor moto refuse to upgrade this model...). Recently I noticed that my notes cannot get synced, and I checked the settings, finding that under "general settings", "Sync Notes" option is disabled and showing "cannot modify when device master syncing is disabled". But I do not remember there is any place to enable "device master syncing". Please advise on how to enable auto-sync of my notes. Thank you!

In Android 4.3, I was able to enable that option after enabling Settings/Data usage/Menu/Auto-sync data.

Archived