(Archived) Backup One Local Notebook Only

Scooter

Idea

I've searched and searched this forum looking for what I want to find but while I see a lot of data, I don't know what to do with it.  Kind of a forest for the trees kind of thing.

I want to export the data from a local, unsynced notebook, throw it in an encryped disk image and store it on my deep storage.  So, I DON'T want anything I don't need, and making a 2 Gig disk image of my whole folder every couple of weeks is really a waste of space.

So, I want to export (ENML?  .exml?  Whatever is best) something and do that.  Ideally, something that could be applescripted so I automate the process.

Again, I know backing up the whole folder is ideal, and I'm doing that with time machine.  But I want my bills, recipts, etc. backed up seperatly and securely.

Any suggestions?  (and please, that is what I want.  Please don't advise me that it isn't.)

3 replies to this idea

I've searched and searched this forum looking for what I want to find but while I see a lot of data, I don't know what to do with it. Kind of a forest for the trees kind of thing.

I want to export the data from a local, unsynced notebook, throw it in an encryped disk image and store it on my deep storage. So, I DON'T want anything I don't need, and making a 2 Gig disk image of my whole folder every couple of weeks is really a waste of space.

So, I want to export (ENML? .exml? Whatever is best) something and do that. Ideally, something that could be applescripted so I automate the process.

Again, I know backing up the whole folder is ideal, and I'm doing that with time machine. But I want my bills, recipts, etc. backed up seperatly and securely.

Any suggestions? (and please, that is what I want. Please don't advise me that it isn't.)

You should be able to export to HTML & move the resultant HTML files to wherever you want them.

Moving this to the Mac section.

• Level 5*

Fantastic.  I appreciate help.

Hi. Select the notes you want, right click (two-finger tap), select export, choose .enex or .html, and choose the destination. I do this every so often myself and it only takes a few seconds even for hundreds or thousands of notes.

Archived