How to use text styles

Hello All,

i'm in trouble with EN 5.1.4 on Mac and the text Styles... if i define a new style, when i use it, the text don't change... is there a tutorial on, how to use text styles? Or is it a bug?

thanx in advance

To define a new style i select the formatted text (for example size 24, color violet) then right-click ->format -> styles

in the window that apear i select: "document styles" in the radio button and than i click the button "add to favorites" (i hope that i had translate it correctly, because i'm using the italian version)

and i give a name, checking the option "include font name as part of the style"

When i want to use the style:

i select the word/words where i want to apply the style then right-click -> format -> styles

in the window hat apear i select "favorites styles" and in the combo list i select the style name i make before.

in the preview windows i only see the name of the style without any formatting, and when i click Apply, the selected text, doesn't change formatting...

thanx in advance

Cucca,

That actually is put there by Apple's system and is not a feature or a bug on our end  :) thanks for pointing it out! We'll work on removing it so other users won't get confused.

Unfortunately, we currently do not support text styles, but it is definitely noted as a feature request.

Cucca,

That actually is put there by Apple's system and is not a feature or a bug on our end  :) thanks for pointing it out! We'll work on removing it so other users won't get confused.

Unfortunately, we currently do not support text styles, but it is definitely noted as a feature request.

ok, if is not working is better to remove it, but a style management would be nice... it's a feature i miss a lot... :P

thanx forever-evernote!

• 5 weeks later...

Let me add my voice into really wanting text styles in Evernote, especially to make outlines. But also to format other kinds of text and tables.

I find myself creating notes in other programs that have better format control and pasting them into evernote. This is a waste of time, even when it works. And it only works sometimes.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

You don't need named styles. 

You don't need inherited styles.  

You don't need outlining.

All of the above are "nice to have."

You probably never need auto TOC or index.

BUT...

Indenting is basic.  This forum editor has it.  Google mail.  Any wiki based thing. 

Notebooks within notebooks is pretty basic organization.  I can't even remember the last flat file system I used.  Maybe the Mac in it's first 1984 release?

I will happily bear the shame of being an idiot if it is already there, and I just can't find it, and you tell me where it is.  

PS Forum posts requiring you to pick a system is silly.  The whole point is that it's in the cloud and I access Evernote from my Mac, my Android phone, and my iOS tablet.    

Archived