(Archived) Why Should I Install Desktop? Why Not Just Use Web?

It seems that EN Web has all the features of EN Desktop.  Why, therefore, should I install the Desktop version and / or versions on my iPad, smartphone, etc.?  Why not just use EN Web and access EN Web from all my devices?

• Level 5*

Because a local app using local resources is a lot more reliable than a browser on a mobile device depending on widely variable connection qualities? And because if you value your data you'll want to have a local copy (on your desktop) plus additional backups just in case something happens.

• Level 5

It seems that EN Web has all the features of EN Desktop.

Where did you see this claim?

The Evernote Windows desktop beats the Web version by a mile.

There is no comparison when it comes to useability and flexibility.

Why not just use EN Web and access EN Web from all my devices?

Answer: Have you tried using your smartphone to access the Evernote Web? If you have less than 50 notes, it might work. If speed is not a requirement, you might be able to use the web version.

Just want to make it clear, you aren't required to use any other clients, than the Web Client. The Web client is the hub for your information and the other clients are like spokes of a wheel (to use someone elses analogy ;))

So, it isn't necessary to use any other clients, but, it does make (IMO) using Evernote much more enjoyable, for various reasons that others have pointed out.

Thanks very much to all of you.  I'm convinced to download and use the local versions now in addition to EN Web.  Much appreciated.

You will be glad you did. I only use the web versions in emergencies.

Regards,

Gary

Archived