(Archived) Sharing notebooks across accounts

I can't seem to find a very clear answer on if this can be done, so I'm posting! If someone knows of a clear answer please feel free to link it...

I have an EN account that I use personally, and then another that I am using for a startup photo business with my friend. Given that I can only be logged into one account at a time on any given device, my thought is to upgrade one (or both?) accounts to premium, and then share all of the business notebooks with my personal account. If I do this, will I be able to stay logged in to only one account, and edit, revise, upload, all of my notes?

Just getting tired of logging in and out of these accounts...it actually has me using EN less! Anyone with a good answer/strategy, I thank you in advance for your help!

• Level 5*

Hi - welcome to the forums. Two answers to your question; if you go premium you'll have an easy switch between accounts (at least Windows users do..) and otherwise yes, you can share notebooks; but you can't edit as freely in a shared notebook as you can in an owned one. No new notes or tags.

I agree with Gaz. Using notebooks shared to you from another account is useful but still very limited compared to actually being logged into that account. I suggest you spend $5 & try it for a month to see if it would work for you.

So I just upgraded both accounts to premium and invited my personal account to share all of the business ones. When logged in via the web I can see the shared notebooks, but not on my PC software nor on my android device. Is it not possible to view shared notebooks there?

Also, it seems like EN Business allows for exactly what I'm talking about...shared notebooks across users for business, but the ability to have personal folders as well that only the user can view. Can anyone verify if this is correct?

Thanks to all who have answered!

• Level 5*

Evernote Business comes with an overhead in user management (even if you're only managing you..) so I'd say it's overkill for what you want to do.

Your Premium account(s) on desktop clients should have a menu option to ~Switch Account and if you enter your 'other' account details,  you'll close one database and open the other.  Or you could have one open on screen in the web access,  and the other open in the desktop client.  But your android device will be locked into one account.  You could try opening a browser window to see the other one,  but you might need extra patience.  The only way (currently) to access two accounts from a mobile device is to have two mobile devices.

Do you really need two accounts?  If you need to share any notes with your partner,  you could do that from a separate business notebook...

It seems like Business would be $20/month for 2 users vs $10 month right now for premium on 2 accounts...would be willing to pay the difference if it works.

I use EN pretty heavily on the personal side, and as a team we use our EN account pretty heavily. I'm not terribly interested in her having access to my other accounts notes, and she only uses EN for our photo business. Not sure of the best way to manage all of this Evernoting!

• Level 5*

My best advice is always "do what works for you..*" - and given your fairly intensive Evernoting you really don't want to change anything materially.  I'd suggest you go with the two Prem accounts for the meanwhile and see whether you can work with that setup,  and consider adding a Business account to tie everyone in your business together.  You can gain a little experience of how that works in the process and see whether you should migrate over..

*Now that I mention it,  there's also "change things one at a time" - and "don't get caught"...

So I just upgraded both accounts to premium and invited my personal account to share all of the business ones. When logged in via the web I can see the shared notebooks, but not on my PC software nor on my android device. Is it not possible to view shared notebooks there?

Also, it seems like EN Business allows for exactly what I'm talking about...shared notebooks across users for business, but the ability to have personal folders as well that only the user can view. Can anyone verify if this is correct?

Thanks to all who have answered!

You can see the notebooks shared to you in the Windows desktop (toward the bottom - blue icon, IIRC) & iPad. IDK about Android.

Archived