(Archived) Evernote will not sync

airam

Idea

9 replies to this idea

Evernote will not sync since updating to new--Version 5.1.4 (401297) a week ago. Will not sync on Mac, Ipad, or Iphone. Help, please!!

Thankd

You are going to need to be more specific.  IE, if you make a new note on the Mac & sync, do you get any error or sync failed message?  If it appears to sync successfully, log into the web client & see if the note exists there.  If not, there is a problem between the Mac & the service.  If it does, then when you sync your iPad, does the note get sync'd to the iPad?  If not, then a problem exists between the EN service & the iPad.  There are too many variables in your original post for anyone to be able to offer any concrete help.

This is the message I get when trying to sync on my Mac laptop. I did not
have trouble syncing notes until I installed an update on June 21st.
Neither my Ipad nor Iphone will sync notes.

*Evernote is unable to connect with the Evernote Service. This may be due

to a network problem or service maintenance. Please try again later. If
enabled, automatic synchronization will resume once the Service becomes

available.*

I too have a problem with the sync function. The 5.1.4 software was installed last night on my Mac OS X 10.6.8 platform.  I had no problems prior to upgrading to the new Evernote SW version.  With the new 5.1.4 SW, when I add a new item onto my computer Evernote notebook, and click on the "sync" button, I get this message: "Evernote is unable to connect with the Evernote Service. This may be due to a network problem or service maintenance. Please try again later. If enabled, automatic synchronization will resume once the Service becomes available."  Interestingly, syncing is working perfectly when I add an item to my Iphone or Ipad, but changes initiated on these other devices do not show up on my computer (due to the sync problem).  I have had this message repeatedly throughout the day. Other network functions on my Mac are working fine. Can anyone suggest a solution? Thanks...

I too have a problem with the sync function. The 5.1.4 software was installed last night on my Mac OS X 10.6.8 platform.  I had no problems prior to upgrading to the new Evernote SW version.  With the new 5.1.4 SW, when I add a new item onto my computer Evernote notebook, and click on the "sync" button, I get this message: "Evernote is unable to connect with the Evernote Service. This may be due to a network problem or service maintenance. Please try again later. If enabled, automatic synchronization will resume once the Service becomes available."  Interestingly, syncing is working perfectly when I add an item to my Iphone or Ipad, but changes initiated on these other devices do not show up on my computer (due to the sync problem).  I have had this message repeatedly throughout the day. Other network functions on my Mac are working fine. Can anyone suggest a solution? Thanks...

Update: Since upgrading in mid-July to the latest Evernote SW release, I have not had a problem with Evernote - sync on the Mac works perfectly now. And syncing with the Apple devices works as promised.  Thanks Evernote!

My first time on this forum initiated by loss of all notes in my iPhone after yesterday's upgrading to ios7 on the phone and and also the Evernote app.

Seems to work all right though, uploading and showing to and from both iPhone and MacBook, BUT some 100+ notes up there, uploaded from both platforms, are not to be seen on the iPhone!! Does anyone have a clue or rather a solution?? 

I FOUND IT! The solution, that is.

Simply deleted the app from the iPhone and then downloaded it again. Logged in with my old profile and there it was! Great App! :)

My first time on this forum initiated by loss of all notes in my iPhone after yesterday's upgrading to ios7 on the phone and and also the Evernote app.

Seems to work all right though, uploading and showing to and from both iPhone and MacBook, BUT some 100+ notes up there, uploaded from both platforms, are not to be seen on the iPhone!! Does anyone have a clue or rather a solution?? 

I FOUND IT! The solution, that is.

Simply deleted the app from the iPhone and then downloaded it again. Logged in with my old profile and there it was! Great App! :)

Yep -that's it. After reloading, the green 'phant showed ALL of my notes. Phew!!!

Archived