Feature Request for IOS: allow us to rotate images that are already in evernote

deevernote

Idea

My request is simple

Let us Rotate images that are being taken with the evernote app itself on ios so that we can change their orientation so we can look at them easier. 

it seems natural to be able to do this as ios it self allows it but dosent have the advantage of having the image go directly into evernote like the evernote app does. 

I would appreciate being able to do that as it would make taking images in evernote much smoother. 

__This feature is intended to improve both the regular evernote camera within the evernote app and the evernote page camera within the appp.

I am also eagerly awaiting the ability to see reminders in the windows desktop client.

24 replies to this idea

Completely agree. It would be one thing if the app had some sense of which was was up! But no matter how much I skew the camera to goad the pic into knowing which way is up, it almost invariably turns it 1/4 turn. 

Please fix.

Thanks.

Not true. I tap the image. Tap the Skitch icon. Tap the "..." At the top and only get CROP and Clear the annotations options. No rotate.

The feature to rotate a photo in an existing note is absolutely there. You are not able to find it for some reason.

It seems to be here just as Browncoat describes. I'm glad because I've been looking for this feature for a long time.

Are you on version 7.3.0 on your phone? You can find the version under Settings->General->Usage, then click on Evernote in the list of apps that consume space on your phone. I notice, however, that I can rotate images, but not PDFs in my notes. Hope this helps.

The iOS client has image markup tools that allow you to perform rotation and crop and  as well as the Skitch markups such as arrows, shapes, text and pixelation.  To access these tools:

1. Open a note with an image
  2. Tap on the image to view it in gallery view
  3. On the bottom toolbar you will see the markup button (Markup button).  Tap the markup button
  4. You should see the Skitch toolset slide in from the bottom right and you can apply arrows, stamps, text or pixelation effects to your image
  5. If you want to crop or rotate, look for the "…" overflow button in the upper right (Crop & Rotate Commands).  You will find those commands  there.

I don't use the iOS app that much, but needed to look up a serial number on an appliance to order a part. Opened the iPad app and was surprised to find a number of ways to markup an image but not a single rotate in the bunch. Quite possibly the most basic of image commands...and it's not there. Some clients have it and some don't which is even more confusing.

+1

I don't think they are monitoring it.  I submitted a help request to support about rotating images, or a workaround, and got a short and dismissive "we don't support that" response.

To which I replied: "I get that.  But you COULD.  Easily!  And it makes no sense whatsoever to not improve your product so dramatically in such a simply and easy way."

No response.  Disappointing really.

Is evernote actually monitoring this thread? It looks like it was started in June and not so much as a status update from evernote...

I completely agree with the above posts. I started using the moleskine smart notebook in conjunction with evernote on my ipad and iphone today. It seems like half the time I take a picture of a page within the evernote app, it auto-rotates it to landscape making it difficult to read. It would be nice to have a rotate feature rather than having to delete the picture and re-take it.

Evernote, please listen to your customers and add this feature.

Please add the ability to rotate any photos taken using the 'Document' feature. Inevitably the photos save in portrait mode which makes it very clumsy to view items that were designed to be viewed horizontally. If any Evernote staff are looking at this thread.. would you be able to respond and inform us whether you would consider looking at this 'feature'?

By the way, it's a great product!

Cheers

Archived