(Archived) Help! Can new EN installation access previous install's content folder?

EN-noob

Idea

I dont know if this is the right place to post this. I dont even know the keywords to search for my problem. So please accept my apologies in advance.

1. My Mac 10.6.8 crashed 3 weeks ago. A new OS 10.6.8 install was done.

2. I have local unsynchronised notebooks I need to retrieve.

3. My EN "contents" folder resides in a different partition (ie. the Users/username/Library/Application Support/Evernote/accounts/Evernote/user/content has a SymbolicLink pointing to a different partition - this "contents" folder is intact.

4. I installed a new copy of EN.

5. i replaced the new EN's "contents" with the old "contents" by copying it over.

Problem - When i started EN, i only see my online/synchronised notes but not my old local notes.

What should i do to get them back? Should i re-install EN?

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you

2 replies to this idea

I dont know if this is the right place to post this. I dont even know the keywords to search for my problem. So please accept my apologies in advance.

1. My Mac 10.6.8 crashed 3 weeks ago. A new OS 10.6.8 install was done.

2. I have local unsynchronised notebooks I need to retrieve.

3. My EN "contents" folder resides in a different partition (ie. the Users/username/Library/Application Support/Evernote/accounts/Evernote/user/content has a SymbolicLink pointing to a different partition - this "contents" folder is intact.

4. I installed a new copy of EN.

5. i replaced the new EN's "contents" with the old "contents" by copying it over.

Problem - When i started EN, i only see my online/synchronised notes but not my old local notes.

What should i do to get them back? Should i re-install EN?

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you

Do you have a backup from your old drive? If not, you will not be able to retrieve your local/non-sync'd notes. If you do, please search the board on backup/restore, since what you want to do is restore from a backup. I'm PC so cannot be more specific.

Do you have a backup from your old drive? If not, you will not be able to retrieve your local/non-sync'd notes. If you do, please search the board on backup/restore, since what you want to do is restore from a backup. I'm PC so cannot be more specific.

Hi. Thanks so much for responding.

1. I do have "backup of my old drive"..ok, I am not sure what you mean by "backup" - like, I didnt export my notes from EN etc. But i did copy that directory which i understand is where EN notes reside ie. for Mac - Users/<MacUserID>/Library/Application Support/Evernote/accounts/Evernote/<ENuserName>/content

2. I will search this forum as suggested for backup/restore on how to get my backup back in action

Thx much

Archived