(Archived) FEATURE REQUEST: Matching PDF attachment filename with note titles

llbean

Idea

One thing I find annoying with Evernote is that I cannot rename an attached PDF while being viewed inline.

Sometimes PDF's don't get named appropriately when imported into Evernote. Even though the note gets a nice title when processed, when I share it or email the attachment out, the ugly fact that the attached file has some random, non-descript file name pops up.

Can you add a function that, with one button either changes the PDF file attachment name to match the note title and vice-versa. At a minimum, please allow manual renaming of PDF file attachments when viewed inline.

Thanks

LLBean

3 replies to this idea

+1

I'm scanning a lot of documents into evernote so every note has just one PDF attachment.

Would it be possible to have a PDF as a note for itself? So when you adjust name and creation date you would actually change the name and creation date of the PDF file.

Thanks

Daniel

• Level 5*

Well:

@llbean - without wishing to start a Windows comparison fight,  a right-click in Windows Desktop allows you to rename an attached file.

@daniel307 - Nope.  The file and the note are two separate items.  You can "rename" either one,  and re-(creation)-date the note.  Getting to the file properties is a whole other operation.

gazumped-

So you can rename the attached file even when it is viewed inline (Windows)?

I can right click and rename the attachment in the native Mac version but only if the file is being viewed as an attachment, NOT inline. Makes for a lot of switching back and forth.

LL

Archived