(Archived) where are privacy setings located on ipad app?

Leaskie67

Hi Folks,

I am new to Evernote and want to access my photos for a presentation. I cannot find the privacy settings anywhere on the app to permit the use of my photos. Where is it? I have logged in via a web browser and found a setting to change, but nothing has happened on my ipad. Any thoughts?

• Level 5*

Hi Folks,

I am new to Evernote and want to access my photos for a presentation. I cannot find the privacy settings anywhere on the app to permit the use of my photos. Where is it? I have logged in via a web browser and found a setting to change, but nothing has happened on my ipad. Any thoughts?

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

It would be a dialog box that pops up when you try to access a feature (I think). Go into a note, press the camera or photo icons to put a photo into your notes, and you should get the popups. At least, memory tells me that is how it worked.

Thank you for your advice. It is correct that a dialog box opens up, but it states that I have to Change the privacy settings but there is no link in that box to actually change the settings. I am dumbfounded looking for the location of the privacy settings.

Hope you can help.

Kind regards.

Mike

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It would be helpful if Evernote would modify the message that is posted, and direct users to change their privacy settings, which can be found in device settings of their tablet or phone.

I too wasted time trying to search through the app. When I tried to google the question "privacy settings in evernote", Google offered suggestions immediately after typing "privacy settings in" and evernote was top on the list. This means it is a very common question.

• Level 5*

It would be helpful if Evernote would modify the message that is posted, and direct users to change their privacy settings, which can be found in device settings of their tablet or phone.

I too wasted time trying to search through the app. When I tried to google the question "privacy settings in evernote", Google offered suggestions immediately after typing "privacy settings in" and evernote was top on the list. This means it is a very common question.

Hi. Welcome to the forums! Thanks for the suggestion. However, I think your Google experience indicates it is a common question for you, but not necessarily for everyone, as the type-ahead search on my computer brings up different suggestions. Google is tricky that way. Clear your cookies, sign out, and try it again to see what happens. 

Archived