(Archived) How to insert the voice recorder after already having started a new note?

Dear All,

I run my Evernote Premium account on Windows. Is it possible to open the voice recorder within a note which was not originally created as a voice note? Currently, if I want to insert a sound file in a note which I have already started, I have to create a new voice note an then copy the sound file into the previous note. But of course it would be much easier if I could open the recorder without having to leave the note I am working on. 

Thanks in advance.

Marcelo

• Level 5*

Hi - it's not possible to start the recorder in EN without starting a new note (AFAIK).  You can merge notes or copy the file over.  If you use another recorder app to capture the sound you can also embed that in your note.  It may be easier to start an app and move the resulting file into an existing note than to start a new note first.  Ymmv.

Dear Gazumped,

thanks for your reply. I have realized, though, that it is possible to add a sound file into a note in the Android version of Evernote; it works, indeed, even with note which were not originally created as a voice note. - It is really a pity that in the version for Windows the "recorder" disappears from the note as soon as one leaves the note, then it is not possible to add any further sound files in the same note without copying the sound file from somewhere else.

Best

Marcelo 

PS: The title of this post has a terrible grammatical blunder; I am sorry, but I could not edit it after having already published it.

• Level 5*

I wouldn't have said the title was that bad. Using my eldritch evangelistic powers I edited it slightly - if you'd like something different,  let me know.

As to the recorder issue - maybe down the line the developers will tidy that up. They move in their own mysterious ways...

Archived