How to update stack notebooks in shortcut pannel?

I have a notebook stack in my shortcuts pannel. When I create a new notebook and add this notebook to this stack within the UI I was expecting the shortcut view of this stack to grow and now contain this new notebook. Is this not the functionality of this feature? Do I have to also drag over the new notebook into the stack on the shortcuts pannel?

Hi garnold,

Unfortunately, I was unable to reproduce your error. I have a notebook stack "Stack" myself that is in my shortcuts in the left sidebar; upon creating a new notebook "Test" and adding "Test" to "Stack", it also updates "Stack" in the sidebar so I can see "Test" as newly added.

What version of Evernote and Mac OSX are you using?

Mac version 10.7.5

Evernote version 5.1.3

I'll test again just to make sure I'm not seeing things. So you didn't do a refresh or anything? Just added a new notebook to a stack and the stack on the short cuts panel instantly reflected this addition? Hummm strange? 

• 3 months later...

Hi,

To reproduce this error.

1. Create a stack

2. Create a notebook underneath.

3. Drag stack to shortcut index.  Stack and sub notebook should be visible.

4. Rename sub notebook.

5. Error - Shortcut sub notebook still reflects old name.

6. Click on SYNC.

7. Error - Shortcut sub notebook still reflects old name.  Sometimes this may work but no consistent.

Workaround - You have to remove stack from shortcut index and re-drag to shortcut to trigger read.

regards,

Andy.

• Level 5

I wasn't able to reproduce the original problem either, but this new issue I can reproduce every time. I've noted it internally.

A simpler workaround is to start to drag the stack out of the shortcuts section, then drop it back to the shortcuts.

Thanks for reporting this!

• 11 months later...

Hi there - I've fought this for move than a year. My approach was to restart EN. Glad I can do this with a fake drag and drop, AND I would love to see this fixed sometime. I rename folders 15 times a day and it get old having to sync and restart every time.

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

Archived