(Archived) Weak Points Of Evernote

I'm sorry my english is not good enough to describe these sayings!

(Chinese)

1, 没有中文版本 *

2, 基于服务器端渲染的手机浏览器无法登录Evernote Mobile *

3, 缺少Symbian版本的手机应用程序(应该正在研发中吧)

4, 中文内部搜索不是十分完善 *

5, 运行速度不够快(尤其是中文输入内容时反应迟钝)

6, 假如作为一个GTD软件来讲,该方面功能不够强大(Google Calendar does well )

7, 缺少相应快捷的书签功能(I think delicious is the most easy way, becase fast is the best. Firefox Plugin now is so bad.) *

8, 希望可以增加导入导出XML的功能,能很好地利用Rss服务

( * is the most important option )

BTW: I like evernote very much!

• 2 weeks later...

1.这个问题我发贴问过,engberg回答说在09年会实现多语言支持和更多的支付通道。

2.我还没在手机上使用过,不能回答这个问题。

3.Evernote说过在09年会支持iphone和window操作系统外更多的手机。

4.推出中文版的时候应该会完善。

5.这似乎是对输入法支持不好的原因。有韩国的用户反映输入韩文时速度也慢。Evernote已经知道这个问题。

6.有待加强吧~

我觉得对中国用户来说,中文搜索和中文输入是两个最大的问题。

此外,不支持直接编辑HTML,不支持插入表格等也很让人头疼。

1.这个问题我发贴问过,engberg回答说在09年会实现多语言支持和更多的支付通道。

2.我还没在手机上使用过,不能回答这个问题。

3.Evernote说过在09年会支持iphone和window操作系统外更多的手机。

4.推出中文版的时候应该会完善。

5.这似乎是对输入法支持不好的原因。有韩国的用户反映输入韩文时速度也慢。Evernote已经知道这个问题。

6.有待加强吧~

我觉得对中国用户来说,中文搜索和中文输入是两个最大的问题。

此外,不支持直接编辑HTML,不支持插入表格等也很让人头疼。

Evernote还有如此多的细节问题需要改善,但我可以想象到他们解决这些必须解决的问题之后将会如此强大。

那时我肯定会去升级为Vip用户,会完全离不开它。

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry that the response is in English, but I can't write Chinese...

We're sorry, but at the present time we only support English. We're adding more languages, but at the present time I don't have any information on when we'll support Chinese (sorry about your #1!)

If I understand #2 properly - you're saying you can't register a new account with the Windows Mobile version? The application or the browser?

#3 - Yeah, we know, a lot of people ask for Symbian. We've released our API - have at it ;)

#4 - We only have an English character internal dictionary at present, hence searching for Chinese characters/words is problematic. As we add more localized versions, this will obviously change.

#5 - We've found that with foreign installations in particular, because Evernote needs to render the data as you're typing it, it can be slow. If you change the indexing options in Tools->Options->Index to "Slower" and uncheck "Allow indexing while computer is in use" it should alleviate some of this.

#6 - We aren't a calendar/reminder service. However, we've released our API, so... :)

#7 - We're aware that people do not like our new browser plug-in. It is just different, though, and we think you'll all come around ;) We're a clipping service, not a bookmarking service, so...

#8 - I didn't quite get the gist of this one, sorry - You can set up your Public Notebooks to stream to RSS, or you can view your .enex note exports (they're in XML).

And to the HTML comment:

Yeah, I want that too ;) It would be nice to be able to just edit the note architecture, but we're not quite there yet.

Archived