(Archived) Why are my notes showing as a black screen in Windows 8

dankingjr

I use Evernote on my Galaxy 3 smartphone.  Typically I make all my notes on my phone and they of course sync to my Evernote account.  I use the windows 8 Evernote app on my home computer and it worked fantastic for a while.  Now, however, all my notes are showing up on my desktop with a black screen in the note section of the body, and the notes cannot be read.  No images show...nothing.  This issue does not only apply to notes I created on my phone - it is ALL my notes on my desktop.  The notes on my Android are all fine and there are no issues there.

Is there a known issue with Windows 8 now?

Has anyone had this issue and how did you solve it?

I searched for this issue but could not find it posted, so if a solution has already been posted, I apologize in advance.

Thanks all!

Hi and welcome to the forum,

I am not aware of a problem like this with Windows 8. Based on a recent conversation have you downloaded Evernote to Windows 8 or are you using a pre installed version?

If pre installed it would appear you get a better experience by downloading it from Evernote. That is the way I have used Windows 8 and Evernote since getting W8.

Have you checked on the web to see if everything is looking fine there, which I am sure it will be?

Best regards

Chris

Hi and welcome to the forum,

I am not aware of a problem like this with Windows 8. Based on a recent conversation have you downloaded Evernote to Windows 8 or are you using a pre installed version?

If pre installed it would appear you get a better experience by downloading it from Evernote. That is the way I have used Windows 8 and Evernote since getting W8.

Have you checked on the web to see if everything is looking fine there, which I am sure it will be?

Best regards

Chris

I am using the Evernote App from the Windows 8 app store.  I have deleted it and re-downloaded it but it still happens.  Keep in mind that it only recently started behaving this way.  The app was always solid before about a month ago.

Hi,

I am really not sure why this has happened. But for now go to the Evernote website and download Evernote. See how you get on.

Regards

Chris

Archived