(Archived) Why the color is slowly draining from my life

Once life was vibrant and beautiful.
Now, daily, it grows grayer and flatter.
Even the experience of eating good food has become a rote and gleeless chore;

there's texture, but no flavor.

Why is this happening?
I know the answer, but it is frustratingly out of my control.

You see, every time I open my Windows Evernote application, I (ever hopeful) navigate to "Check for update" in the "Help" menu.

And, every time, all I see is this:

"There are no updates available at this time. You are using the latest version of Evernote."

The hope I was able to muster prior to clicking drops like a stone into my internal basement.

The impact tapps my will to live a nother notch lower.

Sadness envolopes me.

And it takes longer and longer to recover.

*sigh*

post-108470-0-91067800-1371478765_thumb.

• Level 5*

Why is this happening?

You see, every time I open my Windows Evernote application, I (ever hopeful) navigate to "Check for update" in the "Help" menu.

"There are no updates available at this time. You are using the latest version of Evernote."

The hope I was able to muster prior to clicking drops like a stone into my internal basement.

Sadness envolopes me.

*sigh*

Spannungsbogen: "The self-imposed delay between when one begins to desire something and when one attempts to achieve or acquire it." - Dune.

• Level 5

Formidable - That's a well written explanation.

My core Evernote desires are (1.) Data Integrity and (2.) Search Speed.
So I take the opposite view when I see the message.

No Updates Available?
Whoopee! No added fluff to slow the program down or jeopardize my growing amount of data.

And when there is an update?

I'll hold off for at least a couple weeks to let the more adventuresome souls to go forward and test the newly formed, but thin, ice. If they fall through, I'll still be on solid ground. If they continue to stand upright, I'll slowly, ever so slowly, venture out with several safety lines (Evernote backups) securely tied to a tree.

Why is this happening?

Sadness envolopes me.

*sigh*

Not sure why you need an update to be happy.  But you can always just pretend that EN has been updated & the update included a lot of under the hood changes or features you don't use. 

I don't know about the original poster, but I'm just looking for the specific update that includes reminders on Windows. :-)

I check several times a day and completely understand what Formidable meant by his reaction to "There are no updates available at this time. You are using the latest version of Evernote."

Maybe it's updated now....

I'm saying I'd like to catch up with the cool kids with Macs and IOS devices.

(I work in an MS-Only environment.)

I'm saying the reminder feature is one that I've been pining for (when I'm not pining for the fjords!) for a while.

I'm sure there are people who can't live without Evernote Food and Evernote Hello but I'm evernot interested in either of those.

Is Evernote moving away from being useful as a productivity app?

Is there a development road map we can glance at to see what direction the main Evernote app/service is taking?

I use Evernote as my main productivity app.  Actually, my only productivity app.

It also contains a growing encyclopedia of essential personal and professional documents and articles.

Is it going to get more useful in that regard or keep kicking out little side projects at the expense of the main app?

For Instance:

Any chance of getting a project object?
Or the ability to filter out a notebook (-notebook:ProjectX) in a search?

How about a more elegant way to manage tags?
How about the option to add your own private tags to a shared notebook?
Or to just ignore/hide tags from a shared notebook?

A less cumbersome, "hacky" way to create and manage note templates?

A quick and easy way to link notes?

A faster way to navigate notebooks? (Ala TechHit's SimplyFile for Outlook.)

Better "look-ahead" searching when typing in tag fields? (Pressing F3 and typing "work," I should get the option to tag "Workout," "Woodworking", "@Work" and "$Workshop" from my current tag collection in the suggestion drop-down.)

I could do this all day.

In earnest truth, I love Evernote and sing its praises to my coworkers, ad nauseum.

The app, awesome though it is, needs some love, though.

Maybe Evernote's next release will be "Evernote Car" or "Evernote Beer" or something cute and cool.

(Actually, Evernote Car?  That sounds like a good idea!)

But, I'd much rather be able to get my productivity on with as few clicks and strokes as possible.

Thanks,

@

Archived