(Archived) Memory usage when changing notebooks

Hello,

I have since the last month started using Evernote for managing everything. I am finding it very fulfilling and satisfying but today I noticed something. I uploaded some important pdf documents into evernote. Since I am a free user, after uploading I checked the amount of memory upload I have left in my account.

After sometime I decided to change the notebook in which the documents are contained. After I changed, I noticed that the memory consumption had suddenly increased. I figured that changing notebooks is considered as new upload. Is this correct? Why is this the case? shouldnt the users have the freedom to move around the documents within the notebooks and not be worried about the memory impact? Once something is uploaded on Evernote's cloud server under the account of a user, it shouldnt use up memory to just change notebooks.

Hypothetically, being a free user if I uploaded a 60 mb file to evernote, will I have to wait till next month to just change the notebook?

Hello,

I have since the last month started using Evernote for managing everything. I am finding it very fulfilling and satisfying but today I noticed something. I uploaded some important pdf documents into evernote. Since I am a free user, after uploading I checked the amount of memory upload I have left in my account.

After sometime I decided to change the notebook in which the documents are contained. After I changed, I noticed that the memory consumption had suddenly increased. I figured that changing notebooks is considered as new upload. Is this correct? Why is this the case? shouldnt the users have the freedom to move around the documents within the notebooks and not be worried about the memory impact? Once something is uploaded on Evernote's cloud server under the account of a user, it shouldnt use up memory to just change notebooks.

Hypothetically, being a free user if I uploaded a 60 mb file to evernote, will I have to wait till next month to just change the notebook?

AFAIK, changing notebooks does not go against upload limit. I'm guessing either not all your notes had been sync'd (you didn't mention which client you're using) or the PDFs themselves were changed, etc. rather than simply changing the notebook in the note header itself. IE, if you delete the note & then add the PDF to the correct notebook, that *will* go against your upload limit.

Hi BurgersNFries,

When I noticed this I was working on the desktop version for Windows. The PDFs were not changed, but perhaps it is possible all the notes hadnt synced by then.  I will try and test it.

Archived