(Archived) iPhone: trouble accessing Evernote w/ weak signal

I normally am in an area with a fairly good signal and 3G, but the other day I was at the vet's where there's a very weak signal and only Edge, and Evernote would not come up at all. Just sat there with a blank screen and a spinning wheel.

I can understand not being able to sync in such a situation, but to not have access to any of my previously entered notes was frustrating as I'd jotted down some issues I wanted to discuss about my pet.

Is there any way to avoid this problem in the future?

We're not doing anything that would prevent access with EDGE, or with a weak signal, and our data traffic volume isn't particularly high, but I've seen issues with AT&T bandwidth really hurting on EDGE since last summer's release of the 3G iPhone.

If you have notes that you need to access on your iPhone when you don't have a network, you can click on the "Favorite" star on the note, and then you'll always have a copy of it on your phone.

Ah, good to know, thanks. :)

The problem I was having is that nothing was coming up - I had a completely blank screen. Just to clarify, you're saying that if I had previously marked a note as a favorite that it would have come up. That I got a blank screen because I hadn't marked any favorites. Am I correct in my understanding of what you said?

If you clicked on Favorites, and you didn't have any Favorite notes, then this list will be empty.

The normal note list may not load if you're offline, but I think you should get some sort of message instead of an empty screen.

Archived