Can I clip whole webpage as an image

fanta

I would like to clip whole webpage and be able to see it in evernote as an image/capture of that webpage, at the moment the text, images and styles are all over the place, and even to read article is difficult because it looks very messy, is there a way to improve webpage clipping? I am using evernote to gather some nice websites for insipration and would like to view them in evernote 

• 1 month later...

I would like to clip whole webpage and be able to see it in evernote as an image/capture of that webpage, at the moment the text, images and styles are all over the place, and even to read article is difficult because it looks very messy, is there a way to improve webpage clipping? I am using evernote to gather some nice websites for insipration and would like to view them in evernote 

If you're using a desktop client (Mac/Windows) and the webpage does not extend beyond the bottom of the screen, you can take a screen cap with the EN screen clipper tool.  If the webpage extends beyond one page, there are some other tools you can use.  IE on Windows, you can use Snag-it (not free.)  If you're on iOS, I take a screen cap of the page & dump it into EN in one a several ways - email or adding to a note via the EN iOS app or by uploading to Dropbox, making any changes (resize, rotate, annotate) on my desktop & then adding it to an import folder where it gets wooshed into EN automagically.  (Te latter saves me from using upload amount twice since I edit the image before it's ever uploaded to EN servers.)

• Level 5*

Sorry but that doesnt capture the whole webpage, only the portion visible on screen

You may need a tool like SnagIT, which has a "scrolling capture" feature.

I've been using SnagIT for years on both Win and Mac, and love it.  Yes there are free tools out there, but none as good as SnagIT, IMO.

• Level 5*

I have tried many times to use my iPad as one of my primary content capture/creation tools, but I keep running into roadblocks like this one, and like NOT being able to create EN Note links, not having really good web page capture tools like Clearly or the EN Clipper.  Plus on EN iPad, you can't open an attachment (PDF, Word doc, Excel doc) for editing and then have it saved back to the same EN Note.

I have found the best solution for me is a MacBook Air.  The 11-in is just as portable as the iPad, being only slightly larger and heavier (not really noticeable to me).  And the new 2013 MBAs get almost as good battery life as the iPad.  :-)

• 10 months later...

Any news on this in the last year? This is exactly the type of functionality I'm looking for (though I would want it in Safari). I'm using the Awesome Screenshot plugin to accomplish this now, but the process is a little too cumbersome. If it were built into Evernote it would be so simple.

Any news on this in the last year? This is exactly the type of functionality I'm looking for (though I would want it in Safari). I'm using the Awesome Screenshot plugin to accomplish this now, but the process is a little too cumbersome. If it were built into Evernote it would be so simple.

No progress that I am aware of. You can clip the entire contents of a page, then convert that to a PDF or image if you wanted, but that would likely be about as cumbersome as your current method. 

• 1 year later...

Just uploaded evernote.

Ok it's 2015 now.  Does Evernote still not have the capacity to screenshot an entire webpage?

(Sure I can use Snagit, but then there's really no use for Evernote, I'll just continue to file content like I used to.)

wow!!! i just decided to give evernote another try. even signed up for premium for the year. i am absolutely amazed that this basic feature is not available. one of the reasons i wanted to use evernote is for a place to hold design inspiration for landing pages :/ the web clipper only provides an editable note that is all over the place. sigh.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived