(Archived) Audio Playback Controls

squishband

Idea

As I haven't found a 'feature request' topic, I'm just going to post this here and see if I get any response.

I use Evernote on all my Mac devices, and I love it. However, as with many things one loves, I have to put up with something that tests that emotion regularly. In the case of Evernote, it's the audio playback controls.

I use Evernote on my iPhone to record interviews on a daily basis or to make audio notes after meetings. These then need to be transcribed. The playback controls make this a real chore. Can't we have simple controls of the sort in the iOS podcast app that allow one to change the speed, or scrub back and forth by 15 seconds? At the very least it would be nice if the existing scrubbing button wasn't so sensitive. I have tried many different techniques to enable me to remove my finger and have the button stay where I left it, without any luck. This is something which is universal across devices.

Have any of you experienced the same frustrations and found a way of making your life easier (other than learning to type really fast)? I'd be really interested to know.

Evernote, any plans along these lines?

All the best,

Richard

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi - welcome to the forums. We're a user forum, so you won't necessarily get a direct answer from the Herd,  and they absolutely don't talk about what's in the pipeline. Having said all of which: is the button movement all you'd want?  If so, it seems a fairly innocuous upgrade to an existing feature and one I'd welcome too provided t crossed a few platforms.

Meantime Evernote aren't fussy about what sort of sound files you save,  so if there's another app out there you could use to play back and/ or record sound files in the meantime,  you could still save the files in Evernote and process them elsewhere...

Archived