(Archived) Unable to email notes directly to Evernote accounts

spunky808

When I first started evaluating Evernote in late March, I was able to email my Evernote notes directly to my co-worker's Evernote account using the Evernote email address.  My co-workers were ecstatic with this feature.  I would take photos with Evernote on my Smartphone then send the photos to them.

Later, I believe early May, I was no longer able to do this.  Was this feature turned off for the Free accounts?

• Level 5*

Did you get carried away and send a lot of emails?  There's a daily limit on the number to avoid spam eating into your upload limits; and of course there are note size and monthly upload limits too. But as far as I know, email is still available on all accounts.

Thank you for responding to this query.

Since I am in a new cycle and this problem appeared towards the end of the previous cycle, I figured you may be right although I was at 35mb at the time.  I just tried it again (at 2mb) and I am unable to send a note to another Evernote account.  Let me provide more informaton.

I have taken a photo of a business card with my smartphone.  It is now a note in my Evernote account.  I click share and select "Send by email"  I enter the unique Evernote email address @m.evernote.com and send it.  Since I asked to have a copy sent to my regular email, I receive it there, but not in the Evernote account that I'm sending it to. 

Like I said, I was able to do this in early May.  I sent photos to my co-worker to see if he would be interested in this feature.  He is now an advocate for the company to move forward and sign up with Evernote Business.  But I have not been able to send notes this way since mid-May.  I will be the first to admit that I may be having many senior moments and I have forgotten how i did it and I am just doing it wrong.  If I am, please please let me know and I will make the correction, toute suite!

Thank you in advance.

spunky808

• 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5*

Sorry for taking a while to reply to this - and for not having much in the way of a solution;  if your emailed pic got your own email account,  it should also have gotten to Evernote.  Do you have a lot of notebooks?  Could your emailed note be going into a notebook you don't look at?  And are you sure you have your account email address correct?  Suggest you try sending an ordinary email to the address and check via the web service at Evernote.com to see if it is received as a note.

I have taken a photo of a business card with my smartphone.  It is now a note in my Evernote account.  I click share and select "Send by email"  I enter the unique Evernote email address @m.evernote.com and send it.  Since I asked to have a copy sent to my regular email, I receive it there, but not in the Evernote account that I'm sending it to.

First,a dumb question but I have to ask it anyway.  Since the photo is in your Evernote account, you are trying to send it to the Evernote email address of another (different) Evernote account, right?  If you're trying to send it to the same account, it may not be received b/c the code is "smart enough" to know it's already in that account.

Since I am in a new cycle and this problem appeared towards the end of the previous cycle, I figured you may be right although I was at 35mb at the time.

Second, the upload used is irrelevant on the sending account.  It's only a concern on the receiving account.  Which brings me to my first question above...

Gaz's suggestion of trying to send a regular, text email (not one from within Evernote) to the recipient is a good one.  If it's not received, then it would seem you have the target email/recipient's email address wrong.  If it is received, then I'd try sending a short, text note from within EN & see if that's received.  That whole 'baby steps' thing.

Thanks to all that have responded to this issue.  It is much appreciated.

No question is a dumb question, I've been in IT for over 20 years and I tell everyone that.  :) I just chuckle later.

To answer the question, I have created 2 Evernote accounts.  The first was with my personal email address as I was unsure of how this evaluation was going to end.  Later as I realized that my co-workers were too busy to "play" Evernote Evaluation with me, I created a second account with my business email address which is the account that I do most of my note creation in and the account that these postings are coming from.

I emailed notes from my business account to my personal account and to other accounts successfully until mid-May.  This was coincidentally after an Evernote update.  To make things more complicated, I was upgraded from a Windows XP machine to a Windows 7 machine the week of May 20.  So the problem has occurred on both systems.

I was able to email photos taken with my smartphone with my Evernote account to 3 co-workers.  I have also created charts, documents and forms in both Word and Excel and I was able to email those notes as well.  I have sent PDFs and web clippings up until Mid May.

I am able to email a note directly to a regular email account, but not an Evernote account.  When I enter an Evernote email address, I don't type it, I perform a copy and paste.  I copy the Evernote addresses from the Evernote "Welcome" email that a user receives after they have created an account.  Like I said, worked before but doesn't work anymore.

As a test, I have sent notes from my work email Evernote account to my personal account.  I am using a Nook tablet to view my personal account while at the office.  No note.  I go home and access my personal account, no note.  Evernote tells me that the email was sent successfully, but no note.

As for the limits on the accounts, none of the other accounts that I have attempted to email the notes, come close to the 60mg limit.  They don't create notes, they just look at the notes that are in shared notebooks, my solution to my problem but not the best one.

I can send an email from my work email account and my personal email account to an Evernote account using the Evernote email address, so I am entering the Evernote email address correctly, I just can't send notes from one Evernote account to another Evernote account like I was able to.

I have looked through all my notebooks in both accounts and can't find the notes.  In both the Windows and Android versions, there is a "count" of "All My Notes."  As new notes are created or received, this number increases.  This number doesn't change after I've emailed a note, so I know that I haven't received any of the emailed notes.  I've even checked the "Trash", but the notes aren't there either.

Again thank you for your responses and let me know if you'd like me to perform further tests.

spunky

Archived