(Archived) Moving notes to a new computer

Ron.Peters

My computer is slowly dying... New one will be here in 1-6 days. I have >1000 notes, only about 150 of which are online. What is the easiest way to migrate/move these notes to my new computer when it arrives?

What client are you using?

• Level 5

Hi Ron,

assuming you are on WIN, you need to copy your username.exb file into the new database location, once you have installed EN on your new computer. Here is a brief description on how to proceed:

1. In EN go to Tools > Option > Open database folder.

2. Copy the username.exb file and store it somewhere on your harddisk (or stick)

---------------------------

3. Install EN on your new computer

4. Do step 1 again (on your new computer) and replace the username.exb file with your backup.

5. Disable internet and Open EN

6. Check if these are the notes you require and then sync.

Hope this helps.

Wern

My computer is slowly dying... New one will be here in 1-6 days. I have >1000 notes, only about 150 of which are online. What is the easiest way to migrate/move these notes to my new computer when it arrives?

What client are you using?

Thanks, I'm using Windows 7, will probably end up with Windows 8 on the new laptop

Hi Ron,

assuming you are on WIN, you need to copy your username.exb file into the new database location, once you have installed EN on your new computer. Here is a brief description on how to proceed:

1. In EN go to Tools > Option > Open database folder.

2. Copy the username.exb file and store it somewhere on your harddisk (or stick)

---------------------------

3. Install EN on your new computer

4. Do step 1 again (on your new computer) and replace the username.exb file with your backup.

5. Disable internet and Open EN

6. Check if these are the notes you require and then sync.

Hope this helps.

Wern

I am using Windows - version 7 on the current machine, 8 on the new one - thanks, this is very helpful!  :D

Archived