(Archived) Access saved replies

I just spend 15 minutes writing a reply to a discussion, but when I posted, the thread had been locked. As you know, these iframe replacements of <textarea> cannot be retrieved, so everything was lost.

However, I have noticed that it says "last auto saved", whilst composing. Can these saves be retrieved?

• Level 5*

Don't think so.  I've lost a few in my time - best advice now is: be quick,  or compose in something local (like Evernote!) and copy/ paste your answer...

• Level 5

Yup, creating a reply off line will save your bacon. I have found that copying from Evernote to the forum creates a message in a different size and font. So I prefer to create and copy from my notepad.

This is created and copied from Evernote

This is created and copied from Notepad

edit: hmmm, the Evernote version looks better to my aging eyes.
I think I will follow Gaz's  suggestion.

The saved content is usually accessible through the message itself. Clicking on it usually shows what is saved. You may only be able to see it in the full editor, but it should say "View Auto Saved Content(Today, XX,XX)"

In your current case, I don't think that post is available anymore.

Also, in such a situation you can still hit back in the browser and be taken to the post editor.

jbenson2,

The forum editor copies/pastes rich text so you will get differing results. If you turn this off (the light switch in the top left  of the post editor) then it will paste as plain text.

Clicking on it usually shows what is saved. You may only be able to see it in the full editor, but it should say "View Auto Saved Content(Today, XX,XX)"

Nope. Where is the full editor?

evrnot.png

That is the quick editor at the bottom of a thread.

Click on More reply options and you should be taken to a page with some more options for your post (mainly attachments and some other post options)

Archived