(Archived) The changing Evernote toolbar

2mRaidR

Since I installed the Evernote Windows application on my new computer, the toolbar seems to be reset or re-aranged every now and then in this programme. All options and icons I once set (e.g. "new note", "share", "delete", etc.) are replaced by the original set up icons and functions of the toolbar from time to time without any reason (at least none I could find). Is this a known issue? And is there something I could do about it? Any help and suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance!

• 4 months later...

Just a gentle 'bump' as this problem still appears in the brand new version of Evernote and judging by the likes this topic recieved, I seem to be not the only one experiencing this issue. Or am I? Any advice or solution would be much appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Right click on the toolbar and you'll be able to add what you want and remove what you don't.  It's easy enough but hard to see why one would have to on an update which, one would think, would save settings by default.

Thanks for your reply and suggestion to help. Of course, I tried this in the beginning. And it seems to work well - let me re-arrange the toolbar and all. But with the next start of Evernote it's all changed back again and I can start over and over again. Seems to be some kind of bug to me. Would be interested, if anyone else is experiencing this.

Thnaks for your help, 'though.

I have the same issue. I customize the toolbar by adding icons, removing icons, moving icons, etc. Unfortunately, I can't see the added icons (only the triple down-arrow, because of the wide Search box) until I maximize the Evernote window. Restoring the window preserves the toolbar icons layout by shrinking the Search box. Then, after booting my PC, I'm back to the default toolbar and have to do it all over again!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived