(Archived) Data Usage high on day 1 but haven't uploaded much

andymadge

Idea

My usage is showing as 197MB but I have only uploaded 10 MB since my billing cycle started 2 days ago.

post-52024-0-67521300-1370254636_thumb.p

I'm scanning in a lot of paper at the moment.  I reached 960MB on the last day of previous cycle, then I started saving the scans to an offline notebook.  They're still in the local notebook so I assume they shouldn't be counting against my usage.

Any idea what's going on?

post-52024-0-67521300-1370254636_thumb.p

9 replies to this idea

My usage is showing as 197MB but I have only uploaded 10 MB since my billing cycle started 2 days ago.

I'm scanning in a lot of paper at the moment.  I reached 960MB on the last day of previous cycle, then I started saving the scans to an offline notebook.  They're still in the local notebook so I assume they shouldn't be counting against my usage.

Any idea what's going on?

Have you been editing existing notes?

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/34594-new-cycle-on-free-version/

http://discussion.evernote.com/topic/32686-monthly-usage-uploads-storage-combination/

You should probably open a support ticket.

Excellent album choice though.

hehe, it's a classic :-)

Not really.  I changed tags on several notes but I don't think that affects the quota, and it wouldn't account for the size even if it did.

If I sort the note list by date updated, it shows 7 notes have been updated since 31st May, with total size ~10 MB

I should clarify some details from my previous post:

- On day 1 of my billing cycle I had 32MB in a local notebook, and my usage was showing as approx. 160MB
- I moved these notes to an online notebook and the usage increased to 197MB, which is expected.

So, the question is, why was my usage showing as 160MB when I had only updated ~10MB worth of notes.

I've just checked Evernote Web and the usage is completely different, it's showing 996.1 MB remaining (so I guess 27.9 MB used)

post-52024-0-92957000-1370266575_thumb.p

It's not a big deal, it's just that I know I'm going to use a lot of upload over the next few months so I'm watching it closer than usual.

I've just checked Evernote Web and the usage is completely different, it's showing 996.1 MB remaining (so I guess 27.9 MB used)

Evernote on the web is the true amount used.  When using a desktop (Mac/Windows), the amount used is estimated based upon changes & new notes you've added that may not be synced.  This is to prevent users from adding enough to exceed their limit & then be stuck.  IOW, it allows you to kind of pick & choose what notes to upload, when you're near the limit.  Say the web & desktop client both show I've used 30 mb.  Then on my desktop, I add/change 10 mb.  The desktop client will show 40 mb used.  The web client & the desktop will be out of alignment with each other by this 10 mb until my desktop client syncs.  So the next time you sync your desktop, the desktop & the web client should be more aligned with each other. 

I have Evernote set to sync every 15 minutes, and I've also been syncing manually - there is no change in the numbers

Try emptying the trash & syncing.  If that doesn't make the two more in sync, please submit a support ticket (see my sig), since that's all I've got.  ;)

I've solved it.  I emptied the Evernote Trash in and now Dekstop shows the same figure as Web:

post-52024-0-25709100-1370270397_thumb.p

In future I'll trust the Web figure more than the Desktop one.

Thanks a lot for your help!

I've solved it.  I emptied the Evernote Trash in and now Dekstop shows the same figure as Web:

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2013-06-03 at 15.38.32.png

In future I'll trust the Web figure more than the Desktop one.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Great!  FYI, the reasoning behind the desktop client including what's in the trash (but not yet sync'd to the EN servers) is (IIRC) in case the user decides to move the note from the trash to a sync'd notebook. 

Archived