(Archived) Strange Snippets

shekala

Over the last couple of weeks, I have started to see occasional snippets of my notes wherein the snippet part of the note summary has nothing to do with the note contents. For example, today I emailed a note into my account. The note itself was a very simple text note regarding a payment I had made. However, the snippet showed a Word File as an attachment, along with other text I had not included. Of course, since no Word document was part of the note, the note itself just showed my text, despite the snippet clearly showing a Word icon, along with extraneous text.

I deleted the note, then restored it, and the problem disappeared. Nevertheless, the fact that this is not the first time this has happened recently makes me a bit concerned about the integrity of the database. Has anyone else ever seen this and/or have any kind of explanation?

Thanks!
David

• Level 5*

Sounds like the databases might be out of sync - I suggest a support ticket to report the issue,  but they'll probably go the uninstall/ reinstall route.  Is this a major issue for you?

-And to answer your questions, never seen this problem before.

Actually, the problem arose since that is exactly what support had me do in response to my favorites bar not working. To be more precise, they had me delete my database and have it recreated after logging in again. Fixed my favorites bar problem, but resulted in this new snippet one.

Not a huge issue, but makes me worried about what else might  be wrong with the database. I am so dependent on my Evernote database, that any signs of trouble make me very nervous. 

• Level 5*

Yup - you'll gather why some of us make a fuss about keeping local backups just in case something odd happens...

I'd say report this outcome and see what the next advice might be - but make sure you backup your current setup somewhere so you have a fallback position!

Sounds like an issue from when your database was rebuilt. Things like that usually fix themselves if you edit the note and the program will correct it upon saving new content.

That may be true,  but I became especially worried when it happened again today on the note I emailed in. In other words, about a week after I rebuilt the database.

Archived