(Archived) Feature Request - Recent Imports

I would like some method of being informed of recent imports. I use FileThis to import various monthly billing statements and I need a way to identify new bills when I open Evernote. I thought that "Recent Notes" might do that but I now understand that Recent Notes only lists notes that I have recently edited. Perhaps there could be another category called Imported Notes? Or, perhaps Recent Notes could include newly imported notes as "recent"? 

As it stands, I pretty much have to check every single statement category to see if there is a new statement. This is not too convenient.

I would like some method of being informed of recent imports. I use FileThis to import various monthly billing statements and I need a way to identify new bills when I open Evernote. I thought that "Recent Notes" might do that but I now understand that Recent Notes only lists notes that I have recently edited. Perhaps there could be another category called Imported Notes? Or, perhaps Recent Notes could include newly imported notes as "recent"? 

As it stands, I pretty much have to check every single statement category to see if there is a new statement. This is not too convenient.

What client are you using?  In the Windows desktop client, you can sort by date created. 

• Level 5*

I don't understand exactly what you're looking for, but Zapier can trigger on a new note in Evernote, and you could probably rig up a zap for what you want.

Sorting by created date/reversed would probably give you a good idea of which notes are recently imported. 

Thank you for the replies. I have many notebooks, and I sort each one by date. But, I still have to examine each notebook for newly imported files.

When new notes are imported into Evernote, it seems to me that Recent Notes ought to list them, and it doesn't. That is my request.

For the record, my client is Mac OS X 10.8.3, but I don't think that matters. I don't see an option to list all notes, independent of notebook, by date. 

• Level 5*

A note has at least two dates associated with it: Created Date, and Updated Date. The first date should not change -- you only create a note once. The updated date should change whenever you modify a note. You should be able to sort by created date and by updated date on most clients, and you should be able to do it across all notebooks (on some, you can also reverse those sort orders). I don't know how to do that on the Mac (I'm guessing that you would want created date), but you can certainly do it on the Windows, web and Android clients.

• Level 5

In Evernote Windows, I change the Created Date on many of my notes.  For example

• When I scan in my monthly bills, I will change the Created Date to the actual statement date.
  • When I create a note for my phone call requesting a dentist appointment, and the nurse calls back, I will change the Created Date to the actual appointment date.
  • As I scan papers from my past, I also change the Created Dates.

For the recent imports, I always have my imports, web captures, new notes sent to one single notebook named Action-Pending. I have a icon in the favorite bar that jumps me to that notebook. Then I can edit each note by adding tags, editing the titles, and moving them to the appropriate notebooks.

If I wanted to see all the notes that were created in the past week / month, etc - I would run a search. For example:

Created (since)

created:day = today
created:day-1 = yesterday
created:week = this week (since Sunday)
created:week-1  = last week (since last Sunday)
created:month = this month

• Level 5*

Yes, you can change created date in some clients, but the Evernote clients do not change them themselves automatically, by contrast with updated date, which Evernote clients do modify automatically. The created:<date reference> syntax was a good addition.

None of these suggestions quite work for me. The service that exports to my Evernote account creates various notebooks corresponding  to different accounts. One new note gets imported to each account every month. I have no control over the chosen notebook names nor the dates of creation. Reviewing them one-by-one and changing the create or modify date defeats my purpose. My desire is to know at a glance when a new note is posted to any of the notebooks. As I say, I had hoped that Recent Notes would include newly imported notes, but it doesn't for reasons discussed in this thread. My feature request is for the Recent Notes notebook or for some other capability to list new notes over which I have no control. 

Archived