(Archived) Outlook EN plugin apparently causing blank windows and other visual issues

Mike Wood

This is a problem I had been ignoring. About six months ago my Outlook (2003) started playing up all of sudden various visual elements wouldn't appear or scroll properly. If you exit Outlook and re-load all is well again (it might occur 2-3 times a day). I wasn't sure it was EN until today, I set up a new client on EN using Windows 7 and Outlook 2010. Two hours later he was complaining of the same issues. I have disabled the Outlook EN COM Add-in on my PC and his and the problem seems to have disappeared.

Any thoughts? 

• Level 5*

Well,  2003 isn't supported but I've been using both it and 2007 for years now without any apparent problems,  though my OS/ Office setup isn't the same as yours.  It'll be interesting to see whether there's any other wider experience.  Did you support-ticket your case(s)?

@gazumped Agreed re Outlook 2003 hence why I was ignoring. Obviously Outlook 2010 with Windows 7 (64bit) must be quite common. I don't really feel I can report it until I nail a sequence of events that causes it.

I was interested to see whether anybody else has experienced this, they may not have realised EN is in some way responsible.

• 2 months later...

Archived