(Archived) Error updating file from Android java.io.IOException: open failed: ENOENT (No such file or directory)

JeffreyW

Hi all,

After having previous successful experience modifying a file created on my HTC One X+ (running Jelly Bean OS) and synched with my desktop, I am now repeatedly getting this error when I try to update it and Save the updated on my phone:

java.io.IOException: open failed: ENOENT (No such file or directory)

Also, the attempted update is not Saved

I tried 1) Synching and 2) shutting the phone down and attempting to update again, but the error continues.

I appreciate any insights.

Jeff

I started having the same problem yesterday and then again today. But I'm using evernote on an ASUS tablet - TF700T runing Anroid 4.2.1 Initially the note saves and syncs but at some point it stops and gives same error and no longer syncs or saves changes.

I submitted a support request and was assigned support ticket #46043.  As I am a free (& new) user, I'm not sure what priority to expect but if others are having the issue, too (& report it), I hope we'll see a quick resolution.

• 2 months later...

I was having the same trouble with Evernote on my Asus T700 android tablet - unable to save with an ENOENT error.

It happened when I tried to make a note in a new Notebook, created on my tablet. I was able to work around the problem by logging into the Evernote web interface, edit a note in that notebook and then save it.

Subsequently, I've had no trouble creating, editing and saving notes in that notebook from my tablet.

At least for me, it appears to be a problem with creating a new notebook using the Android app.

I should have updated this topic after Evernote Support resolved my issue.  I'm not sure what actually fixed it, but I believe I ended up uninstalling the program on both my desktop and my HTC One X+, re-installing both, and maybe even following DeanP's advice above.  At any rate, all is well now.

Archived