(Archived) Evernote 5.1.2 and 5.1.3 crashing on tags

peterlemer

Idea

Whichever tag I click on causes Evernote 5.1.3 to crash. ( as it did 5.1.2 before it)

I imagine that the best thing to do is to either re-organise the data or re-install Evernote.

Can I have some coaching on which of the above to do and how to do it?

Re installation: I have a clone on my Mobile phone and online 

: if I uninstall Evernote and re-install, how does it know which one to sync with?

There are 3 version: 

on my Mac: null

online: full dataset

mobile phone: full dataset

Or is it possible that the bug exists in the data itself and therefore exists in both online and phone datasets?

pete

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi - your primary Evernote database is the one on their servers unless you also have any local only notebooks,  which - like it says on the can - are local to where they're created.

Test your data by checking online via a browser to see whether you can tag / untag without issues.

If you uninstall and reinstall,  you'll download from the server version only.

For detailed instructions have a search around the forums here,  or raise a support ticket (see below)

Hi - your primary Evernote database is the one on their servers unless you also have any local only notebooks,  which - like it says on the can - are local to where they're created.

Test your data by checking online via a browser to see whether you can tag / untag without issues.

If you uninstall and reinstall,  you'll download from the server version only.

For detailed instructions have a search around the forums here,  or raise a support ticket (see below)

Thanks gazumped. That' given me some confidence. However, my desktop Evernote is now behaving as it should... no crashes.

As the Crash Reporter has already sent a log to Evernote, there's not much I can do, unless you have a suggestion?

pete

• Level 5*

Glad to hear it fixed itself.  As far as I'm concerned the First Rule of Computing says:  "If it works, don't mess with it" - I suggest you keep an eye open for odd behaviour,  but otherwise carry on as normal.  I do recommend that you keep frequent local backups of your database - search around here for more detailed instructions.  I have no reason to expect future problems,  but it's comforting to know you have a copy of all your data tucked away somewhere safe - just in case.

(The Second Rule is I believe also known as Finagles Law - if anything can possibly go wrong,  it definitely will.)

+1, but only when I use tags on sidebar

when I click all tags first, and then I choose one tag - it's ok, but it is not so convenient

Thanks panpiotr, for providing an escape route! :-)

pete

Archived