(Archived) REQUEST: Ability to search while toolbar is hidden

itsme213

Idea

3 replies to this idea

I just wanted to second the issue identified by itsme213 above. I too have hidden my toolbar, and when I use the keyboard shortcut to perform a global find, nothing happens and I am unable to type a search phrase.

I'll quickly recommend a possible solution to this: do what Preview does when the toolbar is hidden, drop down a box that lets the user type in a search phrase.

• Level 5*

I just wanted to second the issue identified by itsme213 above. I too have hidden my toolbar, and when I use the keyboard shortcut to perform a global find, nothing happens and I am unable to type a search phrase.

I'll quickly recommend a possible solution to this: do what Preview does when the toolbar is hidden, drop down a box that lets the user type in a search phrase.

hi. welcome to the forums!

i agree. this is one reason why i don't hide the toolbar, even though i would very much like to do it. going full screen helps, of course, but it would be even better if i could get rid of the toolbar.

saved searches mitigate the problem somewhat, but you still have to show the toolbar to set these!

Archived