(Archived) no saving of site through evernote?

I've noticed Evernote wont allow saving of web pages from certain sites ( ok I admit, Im on a dating site and can't save profiles or pictures from profiles, so I can take a look at the later. Is there a fix for this?

• Level 5

In the Windows client, you can:

1.) Copy the web page address from the browser and

2.) Paste it above the Evernote note where it says "Click to set source url..."

• Level 5*

If you feel comfortable sharing a link to a site that doesn't work, you could open a support request and include the link. Stuff like that can make the life of any developer working on the issue a little easier.

sorry but I tried copying the address into evernote -- then - nothing .... it just wont let me do it --- mind you I'm not very experience with this software

so maybe I'm doing something wrong --- try as I might I can't get it to work for me..

if anyone has a 'step by step' idea for me i'd appreciate that..

cheers

Newslug

• Level 5

sorry but I tried copying the address into evernote -- then - nothing .... it just wont let me do it --- mind you I'm not very experience with this software

so maybe I'm doing something wrong --- try as I might I can't get it to work for me..

if anyone has a 'step by step' idea for me i'd appreciate that..

cheers

Newslug

Are you using the Windows client or the Mac client?

using windows -  so far I've yet to find a use for this software that I can't find anywhere else -- and I certainly cant take pics from profile sites with any other software I have either - Im starting to think its all a waste of time even downloading it.

• Level 5

I'm not sure what your issue is.

1.) Can't save the URL? answered above
2.) Can't capture full page?
3.) Can't capture image?

On some sites, the Evernote Clipper or Clearly program does not capture an image.

Here is an example:

To solve this, I return to the website, and screen capture the image into a 2nd note, then merge the two notes. I end up with a better and more informative capture.
Merged example:

Archived