Apps opinion? FastEver versus QuickEver

I have QuickEver on both my iPad and my iPhone, and am very pleased with it. (I'm amazed that such ability isn't native to Evernote.) Today, as I occasionally do, I checked in at the Trunk. I saw an app named FastEver which seems to do the same thing. Am I right? Is either one better than the other? Are there substantial differences? Should I *bother* to download FastEver and compare?

• Level 5

I've been using Fastever for about a year. It is so much faster than Evernote, I have not had the desire to seek out another program. So I can't comment on QuickEver's abilities. I agree with you that a similar speed boost is not native on the Evernote app and would be greatly appreciated.

I did get a kick out of one of the QuickEver reviews:

"Never a good first impression when the title of the app is "QuickEver - The Most Fast Evernote Memo App"….Please correct your English."

I've been using Fastever for about a year. It is so much faster than Evernote, I have not had the desire to seek out another program. So I can't comment on QuickEver's abilities. I agree with you that a similar speed boost is not native on the Evernote app and would be greatly appreciated.

I did get a kick out of one of the QuickEver reviews:

"Never a good first impression when the title of the app is "QuickEver - The Most Fast Evernote Memo App"….Please correct your English."

I deduce that you (with FastEver) like me (with QuickEver) are using the apps for the same thing? That being, the *very quick* taking of a simple bit of text to be shipped off to Evernote? Is that right?

(I *really* appreciate, as I suspect you do, the way the app opens lightning quick to a very simple typing space. I truly hope the developer doesn't try to fancify it and thus slow it down.)

I've used FastEver. I prefer PostEver. I love its ability to create one note for the entire day. This makes it great for keeping a running log for the day. You don't have to use it that way, though. It's fast and supports TextExpander. You might also want to look at Drafts. It's an amazing app and has very clean interface. Also fast and supports TE.

• Level 5

Looks like all 3 apps are single function text writers that work fast - much faster than Evernote.

A typical comment: "I stopped using Evernote because the app is too slow and bloated to take quick notes. However this has brought me back. This is a perfect app. Simple, yet extremely useful for making a quick note."

Here are some comparisons.

FastEver
Ratings: 267
Cost: $2
https://itunes.apple.com/app/fastever/id364580273?mt=8

QuickEver
Ratings: 30
Cost: $2
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/quickever-most-fast-evernote/id391089980?mt=8

PostEver
Ratings: 8
Cost: $7
https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/id422023962?mt=8

Well, okay, folks. No, I haven't tried PostEver, and probably won't. But I supported the devs at FastEver with my 2 bucks each for iPhone and iPad. What the heck? The comparison? Very similar. One might say FastEver is available for typing a half of a blink of an eye more quickly than QuickEver. But that's quicker (or faster, depending on how you look at it) than I can get my fingers to start typing, so the difference at that point is purely cosmetic and visual. As for function. One thing I prefer about QuickEver (so far) is swiping to move the cursor. All I could get FastEver to do on swipe was move a character at a time left or right, where QuickEver easily switches from character movement to smooth movement across broader expanses of text: a time-saver. Quickever has a list inserter prominently displayed on its slide-out function bar; I haven't yet found how to add a list in FastEver (aside from repeated CR). So that's the word from an *old* QuickEver user and a *new* FastEver user. I'm enjoying all your comments. I truly thank you for weighing in! :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Having used both, I can say unequivocally that FastEver is better than QuickEver.

QuickEver has some additional features, but FastEver is much more stable and… faster.

I found that QuickEver often locks up, loses data, and forgets that a note uploaded properly resulting in multiple notes.

I love FastEver's springboard level notification of how many notes need to be uploaded.

It helps remind me to launch the app after getting back to earth after a flight.

You don't have to pay $2 for the "XL" version on iPad, as the iPhone version works perfectly fine scaled up to the iPad screen size.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

My biggest need was a quick and safer way to take voice recording notes because of the time taken to fire up the Evernote client as well as the tiny controls.

I was really happy to find SoundEver on the app store which not only has a simple UI for starting recording but can pause recording, so is great for use in the car.

If I need to take really quick notes I use Vesper or the apple Notes (I bought Vesper because of the praise for its UI, just to play with it). Then I copy those notes into Evernote later.

• 4 months later...

Archived