(Archived) How to stop tags(action, approved, home, etc) from being created?

OrganisedSid

Hi

EVERY time i log out of evernote on Android and then log back in again, the same 6 tags keep on appearing, and EVERY time i have to delete them from the web app (it won't allow it in Android). How do i get rid of them permanently and stop them coming back?

Cheers

• Level 5*

Is your Android sync working?

Are the tags being created by some outside service or third-party Evernote tool? Some of them create tags in your account. Or are they tags that you created previously and want to remove?

• Level 5*

Hmmm. As far as I know, the standard Evernote clients do not create tags in your account (Evernote Hello and Food do, I think).

Try this: go to the web application, and click on the little arrow by your name name in the upper right-hand corner. Select Settings, and then click on Application in the list on the left hand side of the screen. That should show you all of the applications that have access to your account. There should be a list of Evernote clients at the top, and other applications at the bottom. See if there's an application that doesn't seem to fit, maybe a cloud service or something that you tried out and abandoned.

It's not some 3-party apps that creates these tags, unfortunately, this is the Evernote built-in camera (which supposedly enhances images taken of books, Moleskin etc). I can't figure out how to prevent it from creating those tags either.

• Level 5*

@Tetiana: I don't use the camera on my Android tablet, so I guess I didn't realize that Evernote clients do create tags automatically. Thanks for that.

• Level 5*

In the absence of any other suggestions,  have a look in ~Settings and ~Note Creation settings.  There's an option to 'activate multishot camera' which you could try unticking..

• Level 5*

Do you have a settings menu with options for search and storage,  support and legal?  Note creation should be in there if you have the new Evernote multishot camera installed...

Archived