(Archived) Suggestion - Option to maximize number of memos & folders displayed

I am a new user evaluating Evernote to see if it will meet my needs.  I have literally thousands of notes on my old palm pilot platform.  Displaying them on the Android platform will be a challenge and stacks (a very familiar term to me!!!) will help a great deal.  But it isn`t enough.

It would be great if there were an option in the folder list and the memo list screens to put each item on its own line in regular size font.  This applies especially to the Windows PC Version.  The whole idea of thumbnails or tiles is great looking but very inefficient for power users.  I just want a detailed compressed list with one memo or folder per line.

On the Android platform, each folder line has a second line with settings on it (private, or number of folders) - this is also very wasteful.  There should be an option to hide the secondary line, and the separation divider.  It should be possible to list around 20 folders or memos per screen this way.

I should add that MobIsleNotes (the only viable competition as far as I am concerned) has recently recognized this need and is making changes to facilitate it.

And yes, I know that tags and search are great tools.  And I use them a lot. But I learned long ago that there are two main kinds of people in any environment - pilers and filers.  If you try to turn either of them into the other, you ruin their productivity.  I prefer to think that this diversity has great value.  But it does mean that the best way to organize information is not the same for all of us.  I am inherently a piler.  That means that I remember WHERE something is in relation to other things, not how it is filed.

Hope this little discussion helps make a great product even better!

Cheers!

• Level 5*

You might try the WIndows vertical list view -- a list view in the same panel as Snippet and Thumbnail views. Easiest way is to use Ctrl+Shift+F5 to toggle between vertical and horizontal list views.

You might try the WIndows vertical list view -- a list view in the same panel as Snippet and Thumbnail views. Easiest way is to use Ctrl+Shift+F5 to toggle between vertical and horizontal list views.

Although I could not get Ctrl-Shft-F5 to work consistently, I did use the bottom menus to get the list view on the PC.  I got the sense that the issue was the speed of the web app and execution delays.  This makes me wonder what EverNote will be like when I have a thousand memos on it......

Why is the list/snippet view command hidden at the bottom of the screen?  There is lots of space for it up top! Putting it on the bottom just makes it hard to find for newbies like me.

The list view is indeed way better than snippets, but it still has a lot of wasted space in the form of empty screen between lines.  They could easily double the number of lines without reducing readability.  Or even just call the current list view double space and call the proposed new compressed view singe space.....  Win win for everyone.

Cheers!

• Level 5*

Ah, I was discussing the native Windows client with respect to the Ctrl+Shift+F5 shortcut key, since you referenced the Windows PC version. Don't believe that the so-called vertical list view is is supported in the web client.

Archived