REQUEST: Bring back thumbnail view with resizing options

Sandeep Prabhakaran

Idea

I'm a web & graphic designer by profession, so part of my daily routine is to save lots of images that inspire me and viewing them on evernote used to be really good in the older versions, where the image took center-stage and the title was small, below it in the thumbnail view. Now, in the newest mac version, thumbnail view is replaced by a more ordinary cards view, which is really making the experience difficult for me.

As good as Evernote is, when the thumbnail sizes are so small half of which is blocked by the title and it's background, I find it annoyingly difficult and frustrating to manage my 'image inspiration'.

Is it too much to ask to bring back the Thumbnail View with the option of adjusting the thumbnail size? Or at least the option of hiding the titles in the cards view.

Please bring it back.

I'm sure there are tons of designers, photographers and other artists who use evernote for more than just text notes. Anyone who wants the thumbnail view back, please comment below. Thanks a lot!

6 replies to this idea

Ditto - I just switched to a new PC and installed Evernote 5 whereas on my old PC I had the latest version of 4.6

I miss the thumbnail view, card view makes it much more difficult to select a lot of my notes and move them or delete them.

As an IT professional I take a ton of screenshot and eventually just sift through and delete the ones I don't need anymore and going through hundreds of notes is now much harder.

I'm a web & graphic designer by profession, so part of my daily routine is to save lots of images that inspire me and viewing them on evernote used to be really good in the older versions, where the image took center-stage and the title was small, below it in the thumbnail view. Now, in the newest mac version, thumbnail view is replaced by a more ordinary cards view, which is really making the experience difficult for me.

As good as Evernote is, when the thumbnail sizes are so small half of which is blocked by the title and it's background, I find it annoyingly difficult and frustrating to manage my 'image inspiration'.

Is it too much to ask to bring back the Thumbnail View with the option of adjusting the thumbnail size? Or at least the option of hiding the titles in the cards view.

Please bring it back.

I'm sure there are tons of designers, photographers and other artists who use evernote for more than just text notes. Anyone who wants the thumbnail view back, please comment below. Thanks a lot!

It is true. New thumbnails are completely frustrating and useless. I regreat that I have installed new evernote on one of my pcs.

I'm just getting started with Evernote, though I've had the app for a year.  I'm trying to use it as a way to save the web articles of my Pinterest pins.  I do not like the inability to decide which photo represents an individual note, as another poster indicated, it makes no sense for an "image inspiration" app to be so constricted in this way.

Is there any possibly this will change and become more user friendly?  

If not, I may just abandon it now...

Archived