(Archived) Business Library notebooks

Hi Akrde,

The information is available on every employees computer as far as I can see. Not in the office as it is 22:50 in the UK, but am fairly sure I am correct.

Best regards

Chris

• Level 5*

I think it is a little more complicated than that. My understanding is that notebooks put into the shared library are in the cloud (just as all but local notebooks are for every account), and any employee who joins them from a destktop computer will have them automatically downloaded and kept offline (just as would happen if you joined any shared notebook). Mobile is a different story. There, you can join without downloading the content. 

Perhaps the only difference is that unlike regular accounts that share and join notebooks, it is conceivable (I think) for no one to have joined the notebooks, and still have the notebooks available in the cloud to be joined. This is tantalizingly close to the selective sync option we've been hoping to see :)

Maybe Chris can confirm all of this when he wakes up (it is definitely not 22:50 in the UK now!). 

Hi Akrde and Grumpy,

Been out all day, 400 miles later here I am back!

I am actually not sure how to confirm that each user has all the Notebooks downloaded apart from turning off the internet and looking.

But I can tell you that I have synced another user on my computer and they don't have any personal Notebooks, only the Business ones and their exb file is very large on my computer. So I am guessing that this proves the point and the Notebooks are indeed downloaded to each Business user who has joined the them.

Best regards

Chris

• Level 5*

Hi Akrde and Grumpy,

Been out all day, 400 miles later here I am back!

I am actually not sure how to confirm that each user has all the Notebooks downloaded apart from turning off the internet and looking.

But I can tell you that I have synced another user on my computer and they don't have any personal Notebooks, only the Business ones and their exb file is very large on my computer. So I am guessing that this proves the point and the Notebooks are indeed downloaded to each Business user who has joined the them.

Best regards

Chris

Yes. That sounds right. If they join, it is downloaded. If they don't, it is not. And, (I think) if no one joins, the notebook lives only in the cloud in the library. If you are using mobile, you can join without downloading.

Hi Akrde,

The business library is a place you can see all the notebooks that the various business users have published for the entire business to have the ability to join. If you join a notebook, that notebook will then appear in your Evernote client and start to sync the information to your client.  This is a way to join a notebook without the notebook owner needing to individually invite everyone in the business.

Jon H

• 6 months later...

Archived