(Archived) Changing the way of sorting items

I'd like to have the possibility to sort my items manually as well. Now you can sort only using either 'titel" date, url, most recent, and a few more. Anyone found out if that is possible?

For instance: i've got a list with items 1-10. i forget one and that will be 8. So the new list of items will be 1-11. Like use with pictures where you want to state steps for producing.

• Level 5

Evernote has quite a few limitations when it comes to storing photographs. You could sort your pictures if you put the date in the title (YYYY MM DD) followed by a description of the photo.

For photos, I find programs designed for pictures much more helpful than Evernote. Just google Photo Management Software for a selection.

Flickr just announced yesterday a huge increase in photo storage. 1 terabyte of free photo storage - that is over 500,000 photos (6.5 megapixel each). And Premium members have unlimited space. Awesome, just awesome.

• Level 5*

There is no way to sort Evernote notes manually in the Evernote clients, except by means of manipulating some note metadata explicitly to force a sort order. For example, you could add text to the note title to force it into some desired order. But there's no way to manually drag notes in the note list into the order that you want.

Yes thanks, I think this is a missed chance because Evernote calls themselves an effective tool :-) It would be a great function I think cause then it's me myself giving notes a certain sort criteria just by dragging them into a certain priority. And then the whole system would be even more effective I guess.

• Level 5*

Lots of people are able to use Evernote effectively without being able to manually sort their notes. It's understandable that that might not be enough to suit every user, though.

Archived