(Archived) Help! Quick Note seems to have hijacked Open New Note

Viv Ilo Veith

Idea

Am I missing something here?  I searched and did not see this topic.  

Since updating Evernote from 5.5 to 5.7 it appears that Command/Control/N which used to open a new, fully functional, Evernote Note on my desktop has been hijacked and now opens a "Quick Note" instead.  I can see nothing in the preferences to stop that from happening.

How do I set up Evernote 5.7 so that it opens a new note on my desktop????  

The Quick Note is a nice little feature but NOT when it removes the function of opening a new note on the desktop.  I used that feature all the time - sometimes as much as 20 times in a day.  It was the main way I entered notes into Evernote.  

I must be missing something!  Please help me out.

And if I am not missing something, and that functionality really was removed, am I the only person who is upset about it?  I was surprised that I could not find anything about this on search.

3 replies to this idea

Am I missing something here?  I searched and did not see this topic.  

Since updating Evernote from 5.5 to 5.7 it appears that Command/Control/N which used to open a new, fully functional, Evernote Note on my desktop has been hijacked and now opens a "Quick Note" instead.  I can see nothing in the preferences to stop that from happening.

How do I set up Evernote 5.7 so that it opens a new note on my desktop????  

The Quick Note is a nice little feature but NOT when it removes the function of opening a new note on the desktop.  I used that feature all the time - sometimes as much as 20 times in a day.  It was the main way I entered notes into Evernote.  

I must be missing something!  Please help me out.

And if I am not missing something, and that functionality really was removed, am I the only person who is upset about it?  I was surprised that I could not find anything about this on search.

No, you're not the only one to think this was not Evernote's most guided decision. It is a usability problem if I ever saw one.

However, there is already a new default shortcut implemented for the old behaviour you miss. It's nothing less than ⌃⌘⌥N (Yes, not kidding). Fortunately, you can go into Settings (⌘,) and change everything back to normal in the "Shortcuts" tab.

Thank you!  Sorry I am late in replying.  Yes ⌃⌘⌥N works.  And if anyone is wondering that is: Control/Option/Command/N all pushed at the same time.  

But I just don't get it!  I love Evernote but I seriously wonder sometimes if the design team actually uses it!  I wonder if it is like Microsoft where the employees are always having to be the alpha testers so they are not ever actually getting to use the version most users are using?  If that is the case, they probably never get used to using something like ⌃⌘N so do not really miss it when they reassign that key combination.

Archived