(Archived) keeping selected memos private

I have imported my memos from Palm desktop so that I can have them accessible in my Android device.   However, as anyone who has used the Palm Desktop knows, there was a small square that could be checked "private" for selected memos that would subsequently be hidden unless a password was used to access them.  This was very convenient, since I could then keep things like social security numbers of all of my family members in a single place.  I do not see a way for any of the previously marked private memos to be hidden in Evernote.  Does anyone know whether this is possible without having to lock the entire device each time it is used?

Thank you for your reply

I have imported my memos from Palm desktop so that I can have them accessible in my Android device.   However, as anyone who has used the Palm Desktop knows, there was a small square that could be checked "private" for selected memos that would subsequently be hidden unless a password was used to access them.  This was very convenient, since I could then keep things like social security numbers of all of my family members in a single place.  I do not see a way for any of the previously marked private memos to be hidden in Evernote.  Does anyone know whether this is possible without having to lock the entire device each time it is used?

Thank you for your reply

I used Palm for many years & know what you're talking about.  This is not available on Evernote.

PS - for security purposes, even on Palm, I'd put things like SSNs, passwords & logins in a true password manager.  (SplashID).  The same goes for Evernote.  Just because you exit out of it, doesn't mean someone who's tech savvy can't get into your database.  Please search the board on security and/or encryption for more info.

FWIW, I still use SplashID as my main password manager but am also using Roboform, since it interacts so nicely (most of the time) with browsers, so I don't have to go to SplashID, lookup, copy & paste the password.

Archived